Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jspiegs

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Rochester, NY
Who got the gold iPhone 6 or Plus? I got the gold because I've had white and black iPhones in the past and wanted something different. A lot of people are like what the hell is wrong with you that phone is hideous? I think it looks nice.

When the 5s came out I thought the gold one looked really tacky, but I think they tweaked the tone of the gold and it actually looks very nice now.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I got the gold 6 Plus. Previously owned the white 3GS and white 4S. The silver just looks a bit bland to me. The black and space gray looks really sleek, especially in the marketing materials, but I was concerned that scratches would look more obvious on it. I was concerned about the white antennas, but they're so far at the edge you don't really notice them. Not that it matters since I'm using the leather case now.

mademan118

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
History:

OG iPhone
3G
3GS white
4 black due to low inventory and white discoloration
4s White
5 Black
6+ GOLD BABY

I think the iPhone 5/5s were the best looking black iPhones. The new Space grey really looks more silver. Don't see why people like it so much. My girlfriend originally was getting silver but went with Gold and she is happy. Btw, Gold + midnight blue leather apple case = perfection.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
I got an iPhone 6 with 128GB and in gold. I noticed that this one is different from the 5s gold. In certain lights or viewing angle, it almost looks a bit like rose gold.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I got the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB in Gold. For me I had either White or Black. Originally I wanted the Silver model, but they didn't have any silver in stock so I decided to get the Gold. I actually like the Gold color now instead of the silver.

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Who got the gold iPhone 6 or Plus? I got the gold because I've had white and black iPhones in the past and wanted something different.

My situation exactly. I like my gold 6, and I could care less if others like or dislike it.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
I've got the 5s Gold. It's just the right shade for me. Haven't seen the 6 or 6+ in person but judging by YouTube videos, I think I'd get the silver if I was upgrading.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I have the gold 64gig 6+ and I love it. As an avid teeter the size of the phone will take some getting used to. But that's worth having the larger screen. The white bands don't bother me at all because I have a case on it but if I didn't I actually like the way they look

Overall I think the phone is terrific and I would not change it for a iPhone 6

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I got a gold iP6 and love the color, so glad I choose it. Paired with a clear Ringke Fusion case and it looks maaarvelous...

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
*raises hand*

I got "stuck" with the 6+ 64gb Gold cause it was the last one AT&T had in-store last Friday...

I have to admit, its starting to grow on me...

ron1990

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I really do not like the gold this time. It looks like a cheap toy.
This time i choose space and gray all the way. Chic and classic.

dBoPlay

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
128gb gold iPhone 6+.

It's my first not black or grey iPhone. I wanted to get the gold 5S last year but no Apple or carrier stores had any in stock on launch day or while I was still within the return/exchange period so I went with the space grey model.

I preordered this year, for the first time ever, specifically to get the gold model.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
I originally wanted the black/grey one but AT&T only had white/gold ones but I ended up loving it. I had a white/silver 5s and I really like the gold (although I hardly ever see it).

Redsoxhtx

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Got gold for two reasons:

1. It was the first 6+ 128gb available when I ordered. Everything else was another week or so.
2. It's eventually going to end up in Lifeproof case, no one will really be able to tell anyway.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I wanted a gold 5s, but was stuck with a Space Gray at Launch Day.

Pre-ordered a 128GB Gold 6+. I like the white front with the gold circle around the home button best. For now, I have a red leather Apple case on it.

Funny, I like white on my iPhones, but the white border seems to distract me more when it's on an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.