Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottymorg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Thailand
Hi there,
I am one of the iPhone users - just like many of you. I've planned to buy an iPhone 6. However, most of my friends are not Apple friendly which means they pretty much kind of keep telling me that iPhone 6 comes with 1 GB ram and it is not good. Well, with my basic instinct on Apple product (LOL) I know that 1 GB doesn't matter that much as iPhone has the powerful chip but I would like to know what is different between 1GB and 2GB ram that other smartphones have??

Thank you

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014
Hi there,
I am one of the iPhone users - just like many of you. I've planned to buy an iPhone 6. However, most of my friends are not Apple friendly which means they pretty much kind of keep telling me that iPhone 6 comes with 1 GB ram and it is not good. Well, with my basic instinct on Apple product (LOL) I know that 1 GB doesn't matter that much as iPhone has the powerful chip but I would like to know what is different between 1GB and 2GB ram that other smartphones have??

Thank you

It doesn't make sense to buy a phone based on specs. I went over for galaxy and had a terrible experience because the user interface and apps were so bad.

1GB of ram is, yes, bad. It means tabs and apps will have to reload a lot. But if you like the user interface better, that's all that matters.

scottymorg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Thailand
It doesn't make sense to buy a phone based on specs. I went over for galaxy and had a terrible experience because the user interface and apps were so bad.

1GB of ram is, yes, bad. It means tabs and apps will have to reload a lot. But if you like the user interface better, that's all that matters.

Thank you so much.
Yeah actually, I am really happy with iOS8 on my current iPhone 5, tho I've seen a lot of people complaining about that. I am not sure if I am only one who doesn't get those problems they had or those people are being overreacting.

I've tried to find out whether the ram is important now I kinda get it.

Thank you guys :) :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.