Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Past Contests > 2,000,000 Post Contest

Old Dec 19, 2005, 01:38 AM   #1
Lacero
macrumors 601

Lacero 2

I love Katie Melua and her new album!

Name:  piecebypiece.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  18.4 KB

Piece by Piece is the second album from this Georgia-born singer. If you've never heard her music, you should definitely give her a listen. Her voice is so hauntingly beautiful and immaculate. I get goosebumps listening to her sing. Anyway, I just love her, so this avatar is dedicated for her.

I've combined my two great loves, Katie Melua and Apple, and it's a play on words... literally!
Attached Images

Lacero is offline   0
Old Dec 19, 2005, 06:40 AM   #2
narco
macrumors 65816

I've always fell for the "hauntingly beautiful" line, and I think it definitely fits with her. I have the album before this one (which I believe is her debut?) and had no idea a new one came out -- I'll have to check it out.

Fishes,
narco.
narco is offline   0
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:01 AM   #3
Kernow
macrumors 65816

I don't know about anyone else, but I find this image a little disturbing . It looks good and is very well produced, but disturbing nonetheless.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:12 AM   #4
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

I think it's ingenious, but it needs blood.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:14 AM   #5
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

tis a little ceepy, but inventive nonetheless.
PlaceofDis is offline   0
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:15 AM   #6
yellow

Stalker!
yellow is offline   0
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:37 PM   #7
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
If you like Katie Melua, check out Eva Cassidy

I read the info about Katie Melua -- didn't play any of her music on iTunes because it was in the wee hours of the morn and didn't want to disturb my neighbors, but I'll be giving her a listen today -- and noticed that one of her songs pays homage to Eva Cassidy. Now there's a singer you should hear if you haven't already been captivated by her incredible voice! Unfortunately, her albums aren't on iTunes, you'd have to check her out at other websites -- probably you can hear portions of her songs at Amazon or Tower. Two fairly standard songs to which she gives incredible new meaning are "Danny Boy" and "Over the Rainbow." Her version of "Over the Rainbow" just blows Judy Garland right out of the water and then some. It is simply stunning.

Eva Cassidy, sadly, is no longer with us. She died of cancer several years ago, but thankfully, her music lives on. All of Eva's albums have actually been released posthumously and for a long time she was known only to people in the DC area who frequented local jazz clubs. She had an amazing and eclectic approach to songs and did a little of eveything, from ballads to gospel to jazz "scat" tunes. Her voice was especially suited to ballads and she worked wonders with just her voice and a guitar....

OTB
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:42 PM   #8
Chaszmyr
macrumors 601

Highly disturbing avatar.
Chaszmyr is offline   0
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:59 PM   #9
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Oh, WOW! Thank you, thank you!

Only took two songs to convince me.... I immediately downloaded everything Katie Melua has available on iTunes and am enjoying her beautiful voice even as I type.... I wish her new album were on iTunes, too, but I can check the local music stores next time I'm there and pick up the actual CD.

Thank you for guiding me to this singer with the exquisite voice!

OTB
Old Dec 19, 2005, 01:01 PM   #10
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Have to agree with others about the vaguely disturbing elements to the avatar. I'm glad you developed the avatar, if only so that you brought this singer to my attention, but there IS something unnerving about that apple and her eye.....

OTB
Old Dec 19, 2005, 01:26 PM   #11
Lacero
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow
I don't know about anyone else, but I find this image a little disturbing . It looks good and is very well produced, but disturbing nonetheless.
Seemed like a good idea at the time... I guess I made it too literally (you are the apple in my eyes)
Lacero is offline   0
Old Dec 19, 2005, 01:32 PM   #12
yellow

Hmmm I bet my wife will like this lady. Thanks for the Stocking Stuffer.
yellow is offline   0
Old Dec 19, 2005, 01:56 PM   #13
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacero
Seemed like a good idea at the time... I guess I made it too literally (you are the apple in my eyes)

Maybe you could make her pupils small apples?

OTB
Old Dec 19, 2005, 02:27 PM   #14
840quadra

Yikes, I may have to rethink EATING apples from now on .

Was this McIntosh in someone's eye before?
840quadra is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Past Contests > 2,000,000 Post Contest