Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I have been using 1Password for several years. I just bought an iPhone 6 and did a restore and the password no longer works, which means I can't access the dozens of accounts and passwords I've added to 1Password over the years.

I sent an e-mail to the developers, but there has been no response. At this point it looks like I'm screwed. I'm going to look for a new password manager that I can count on. Any suggestions?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Doing a restore on the phone (in theory) should have nothing to do with the 1Password vault password. Are you able to use 1Password for Mac without any problems? If so, have you tried changing the vault password so that you can get into the program on your phone?

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
I have been using 1Password for several years. I just bought an iPhone 6 and did a restore and the password no longer works, which means I can't access the dozens of accounts and passwords I've added to 1Password over the years.

I sent an e-mail to the developers, but there has been no response. At this point it looks like I'm screwed. I'm going to look for a new password manager that I can count on. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the delay in responding. As you can imagine, when an app as popular as ours goes free with in-app purchases there's a lot of questions that get asked with our support team. We're doing our very best to get back to normal but we are several days behind at this point.

Can you please either private message me your TicketID or post here as a reply? I'll look at it and see what we can do.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Hi Kyle,

I actually have only used 1Password on my iPhone. I have always had the same password and it's always worked fine. When I restored from a backup to my new iPhone the password that I have always used is not recognized. I'm at the point where I will need to start fresh and request help retrieving passwords as they are locked in my 1Password account. If you are able to help me get past the password issue I would very much appreciate it! My ticket ID is #YKN-44389-469]

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
Hi Kyle,

I actually have only used 1Password on my iPhone. I have always had the same password and it's always worked fine. When I restored from a backup to my new iPhone the password that I have always used is not recognized. I'm at the point where I will need to start fresh and request help retrieving passwords as they are locked in my 1Password account. If you are able to help me get past the password issue I would very much appreciate it! My ticket ID is #YKN-44389-469]

Found it in the system and just replied, it may take several minutes for it to arrive. Lets keep the discussion in the email so it's in one place though. Just wanted to let you know it's on the way.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.