Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I just left Apple after three years in AppleCare. This is truly insulting considering the amount of work we put in, the time we're expected to be away from our families, the lack of upward advancement opportunities, and low wage compared to similar jobs elsewhere.

This would be worth about $200 to me based on what my pay was when I left. Diddly freaking squat. Richest company in the world is also the cheapest. The only rewards we get our cheap Apple pens and mugs ordered from the same promotional company over and over again. I have four water bottles, three pens, a mousepad, a hat, one jacket (2 sizes too large, thanks manager for paying attention to the size I sent you) and a keychain with a light on it that was broken when I received it.

Apple is a great tech company -- the best -- but they have a lot to learn about how to treat their employees.

That does sound pretty bad!

----------

Hate to play Devils advocate but ummm sometimes people like you don't under that some people would have loved to have that Damn job. Regardless, at least you received some type of thanks. And you were paid. And told how much you'd get paid before hand. You're ungrateful. Period.

Ungrateful for a sucky job? I've never heard that one before!

----------

When I here stories like this, I envision the person who is complaining, was probably an equal awful employee.

I was an exemplary employee, so I don't appreciate you coming up with some mental picture of me that is far from the truth.

Chance of apology = 0%?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.