Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
A lot of my apps have fuzzy letters (words). Not as crisp as on my Ipad screen. Anyone else experiencing this. Is this a phone issue or is it an app issue?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
A lot of my apps have fuzzy letters (words). Not as crisp as on my Ipad screen. Anyone else experiencing this. Is this a phone issue or is it an app issue?

Which phone, which app, which iPad?

Most apps aren't updated for the iPhone 6/+ resolution yet, so they're scaled/blurry.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012

iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? Is the app optimized for the device yet? Not all apps are optimized for the new iPhones (not the same as optimized for iOS 8...) and they look pretty ugly on the new devices right now

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Which phone, which app, which iPad?

Most apps aren't updated for the iPhone 6/+ resolution yet, so they're scaled/blurry.

I have the Ipad Air and IPhone 6. USA Today words look a little fuzzy (not crisp). Also, my local NBC news app.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have the Ipad Air and IPhone 6. USA Today words look a little fuzzy (not crisp). Also, my local NBC news app.

This is because the app has not been updated to support the screen size and resolution of the new iPhones. Essentially now, the app is just the old app blown up to fit on the new screen sizes. Eventually, the app developers will optimize them to fit natively on the new screens, at which point the font will be nice and crispy once again.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Apple only gave devs a few weeks notice before release of the resolution changes. There are still a pretty small number of apps that are optimized for the 6/6+. I would give it a few more months and most apps should be updated.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
This is because the app has not been updated to support the screen size and resolution of the new iPhones. Essentially now, the app is just the old app blown up to fit on the new screen sizes. Eventually, the app developers will optimize them to fit natively on the new screens, at which point the font will be nice and crispy once again.

Yep. It will take a little while for developers to put out 6/6+ compatible apps.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
Apple only gave devs a few weeks notice before release of the resolution changes. There are still a pretty small number of apps that are optimized for the 6/6+. I would give it a few more months and most apps should be updated.

Ehhhhh. They gave notice at WWDC. Some devs were paying attention, others were not.

The app I work on had an update ready a month before release.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Ehhhhh. They gave notice at WWDC. Some devs were paying attention, others were not.

They didn't get information on the exact specs of the resolution changes. They got the SDK which for some was enough to update their app to scale better. But many apps required more work than that and no developer was going to do that before they got the specifics (especially since there wasn't even a device to test it on).

daydotz

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
Fuzzy text, is this a screen issue?

I've the same concern with mine I'm not talking about un optimised apps text in general isn't that clear its more noticeable with the White text

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.