Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JD84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I am contemplating ordering my iPhone 6 Plus from Verizon.com I noticed their space grey is on backorder till 11/7.
I also noticed Apple said 3-4 weeks for it and I tried doing it that way but for some reason it won't let me says I need to purchase it at my local apple store. I am not sure why maybe due to it being a new account?
Anyways knowing that do you think I will have better luck hoping that one of my local Apple Stores will get some in stock or would I be better off just ordering it via verizon and waiting it out?
I am confused what to do as I have heard other members on here getting lucky and finding a 6 Plus in stock at their local Apple store.
Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Inframan

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Hard to say. They may or may not have any in stock. Your best bet is to wake up at like 4AM and be first in line at the nearest yet most popular apple store in your area. There is a slight chance.

JD84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Hard to say. They may or may not have any in stock. Your best bet is to wake up at like 4AM and be first in line at the nearest yet most popular apple store in your area. There is a slight chance.

I saw that Costco on their website says coming soon I wonder if their stores will be getting any?

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
I've seen a few 16gb Plus on Craigslist go for $850... if you don't mind spending $40 or so more than retail after tax.

Inframan

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles, California
I've seen a few 16gb Plus on Craigslist go for $850... if you don't mind spending $40 or so more than retail after tax.

I wouldn't buy any phones of Craigslist. This guy last Friday standing in line bought his 5S off Craigslist and it was a sealed box and the guy refused to allow him to open it in front of him and once the money was handed over the guy took off and their was a bar of soap in the box. Its easy to buy a small appliance to seal these boxes back up. If you want one really bad, get it off ebay and pay with Pay-Pal so you are protected.

JD84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Try target, best buy. Last I looked Target had 16gb 6+ out the wazoo.

do they sell the 64gb in store also?

----------

I wouldn't buy any phones of Craigslist. This guy last Friday standing in line bought his 5S off Craigslist and it was a sealed box and the guy refused to allow him to open it in front of him and once the money was handed over the guy took off and their was a bar of soap in the box. Its easy to buy a small appliance to seal these boxes back up. If you want one really bad, get it off ebay and pay with Pay-Pal so you are protected.

WTF that's insane but doesn't surprise me these days with desperate people. :mad:

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008

Lol that's just stupid. ALWAYS agree to meet at a cell phone store (AT&T, T-mobile, etc...) and say you want to examine the phone before buying. Even if it's shrink-wrapped.

If they refuse, then you know something is fishy. Don't even meet with them.

As a buyer, you have to protect yourself. What an idiot for handing over cash before making sure the product even worked! Wow.

michikade

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in Texas
Fastest way to get a iPhone 6 Plus?

do they sell the 64gb in store also?

Best Buy does if you're lucky. I opted to pay an extra hundred and get the 128gb at Best Buy today but one store about 35 miles from me had 64gb in gray and gold. Target only has 16gb models but Best buy MAY have 64gb, may have 128gb, may have both. I recommend idevicechecker.com and calling to verify during business hours.

Last edited:

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
Just keep trying to Apple.com website and refreshing to see if any stores near your zip code have any in stock.

That's how I scored a couple last weekend.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
In Australia, we use the reservation system. It comes online at midnight.

Logged in on monday right at midnight and scored a 128 Space grey, my online order was going to be another 3 or so weeks.

If a similar setup is in US, try that

JD84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
In Australia, we use the reservation system. It comes online at midnight.

Logged in on monday right at midnight and scored a 128 Space grey, my online order was going to be another 3 or so weeks.

If a similar setup is in US, try that

thank you :)

----------

Best Buy does if you're lucky. I opted to pay an extra hundred and get the 128gb at Best Buy today but one store about 35 miles from me had 64gb in gray and gold. Target only has 16gb models but Best buy MAY have 64gb, may have 128gb, may have both. I recommend idevicechecker.com and calling to verify during business hours.

I tried bestbuy.com it says store pickup coming soon or something.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Most Target stores have 16 gb IPhone Plus in stock...that's the fastest way..and it's verizon

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
whats the best time to check their site? is there a certain time they update it etc?

Last weekend it was right before 2am CST... pretty late I know. But they would pop up as available and sell out in minutes. You never know though. On Sunday around 6pm, I saw a few pop up randomly. They get drop shipments all the time, but for whatever reason I think 2am CST is when their over night inventory gets updated. There's an entire thread dedicated to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.