Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfoxpro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
USA
Does it seem like iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users are hating on each other? "The iPhone 6 Plus is better than the iPhone 6"..and vice versa. It seems like their is a bit of iPhone "model" hating. The same brand but different model. My model is better than your model. What the?

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Yeah and it's stupid. It's not like it's the 5S and 5C where there are vast and apparent differences. Other than screen size, one has a negligible bump in resolution and OIS. They are basically the same phone just different sizes. But reading on here it seems like people with Pluses are treating people with 6's as Android users haha.

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
On this forum, sure.

I don't get it though -- get the device you want.

It's clear the 6+ wins on the spec sheet and value proposition, but it's also bigger, heavier, and more fragile -- so you need to account for if you can comfortably hold it, pocket it, and not drop it.

Honestly, I think the 5s still clearly makes sense for some people, too.

5c on the other hand ... that was just a bad move.

macfoxpro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
USA
Yeah and it's stupid. It's not like it's the 5S and 5C where there are vast and apparent differences. Other than screen size, one has a negligible bump in resolution and OIS. They are basically the same phone just different sizes. But reading on here it seems like people with Pluses are treating people with 6's as Android users haha.

It is stupid. I think mostly kids smarting off. Who knows.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I have iPhone 6 Space Gray and my wife has iPhone 6 Plus Silver.

I can see the appeal of 6 Plus, but for my needs, I prefer to use iPhone 6 (it helps that I also use iPad mini with Retina display). And while my wife and I have arguments sometimes, we don't hate each other.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014

I think part of it is that people feel the need to justify their purchases. For someone who has a Plus, especially after this bending stupidity, they want to remind themselves of why they spent more money on a device that is showing itself not to be flawless (and yes, I'm a Plus owner, I love it even with any flaws it may have).

On the other end of the spectrum, I see a lot of 6 owners attacking the Plus. I don't know if they're annoyed that the smaller phone has a few lesser specs (screen) and features (OIS), or if they're 6+ owners who feel burned and annoyed that they had to exchange their purchase for the smaller one, but it's just as obnoxious as Plus owners attacking the 6.

Both sides need to calm down. It's just a phone. Yes, we're all enthusiastic about said phone, otherwise we wouldn't spend all this time and money on it, but Apple just released two of the best phones money can buy, and there's nothing wrong with one device or the other. It all comes down to personal preference. The reasons you may hate the Plus might be why I love it. The reasons I passed on the 6 might be the exact reasons you couldn't wait to get your hands on it. Neither of us is wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.