Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AztecKing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Southern Oregon
I bought one of these and love it. The only thing I don't like about it is you have to go to the tool bar at the top of the screen to turn it on every time to use the Numpad. To turn it off you just touch the F19 key on the Numpad. I emailed their tech support and they said that's the only way to do it.

Any ideas on a shortcut to make this work?

Motagaly

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
Although this is an old thread, I saw it a long time ago and I did not find a way of toggling it without using the mouse and going to that menu, I have a lot of icons in the bar and sometimes I can't find it quickly.

Just today and by luck I found that hitting F6 will toggle between the modes :)

AztecKing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Southern Oregon
I tried toggling F6 and nothing happened. I turned on the keypad to use the calculator mode by clicking on the menu at the top of the page and then when I hit F6 nothing happened. On my MB Pro F6 is the backlit key light switch and that's all it did was brighten the lights. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Jeff

SuperKirby

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
LAS / OKC
delete (backspace) key

Anyone know how to create a shortcut for the delete (aka backspace) key?

The only thing I can get close to is using Command+Delete which essentially makes a shortcut to delete everything. I would like a simple delete shortcut key, if possible.

SuperKirby

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
LAS / OKC
Anyone know how to create a shortcut for the delete (aka backspace) key?

The only thing I can get close to is using Command+Delete which essentially makes a shortcut to delete everything. I would like a simple delete shortcut key, if possible.

Nevermind, i'm an idiot. It's key F16. You just have to reverse the pre-inputted option to delete (backwards) because the default is set to forward.

Motagaly

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
Although this is an old thread, I saw it a long time ago and I did not find a way of toggling it without using the mouse and going to that menu, I have a lot of icons in the bar and sometimes I can't find it quickly.

Just today and by luck I found that hitting F6 will toggle between the modes :)

After maverick, nothing is working, Sent an e-mail to Mobee customer support and they sent a special update V2.2 via this link http://www.sendspace.com/file/ruhbt8 and asked me to "To enable the keyboard shortcut under Mavericks go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility and check support for Magic Numpad.app as attached picture"

After that It worked as usual with the F6 Button, Just wanted to write the solution in case someone searched the internet for a solution.

Attachments

• Mobee.png
    Mobee.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 339

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
After maverick, nothing is working, Sent an e-mail to Mobee customer support and they sent a special update V2.2 via this link http://www.sendspace.com/file/ruhbt8 and asked me to "To enable the keyboard shortcut under Mavericks go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility and check support for Magic Numpad.app as attached picture"

After that It worked as usual with the F6 Button, Just wanted to write the solution in case someone searched the internet for a solution.

Thank you kind soul! :)

Motagaly

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
double tap to work in a bi-direction

You can run the following terminal command in order for the double tap to
work in a bi-direction, and no need for the F6 button in Mavericks

defaults write com.mobee.Magic-Numpad enableDoubleTap -boolean YES

Enjoy,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.