Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennisBlah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
The Netherlands
Hi all,

I got remote notifications in one of my apps. However Id like to be able to notify the users with this push even when they are in the app.

If its unclear what I mean, take a look at whatsapp. If you are talking with someone while someone else is sending you a message you still get this push notification.

How does this work? Id like to be able to do this as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:

blueillusion

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2008
If you mean the banner notification you receive when you get a message from someone else, then I believe they wrote that banner themselves.

I've done something similar in my own apps. You simply need to write a view which can display such a message, then animate it in your top most level view.

DennisBlah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
The Netherlands
If you mean the banner notification you receive when you get a message from someone else, then I believe they wrote that banner themselves.

I've done something similar in my own apps. You simply need to write a view which can display such a message, then animate it in your top most level view.

I see, that's a reasonble workaround :)

Thanks for your comment!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.