Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
I've used an iPhone since the 3G. Every time I upgrade there's the initial fear of having a newer, more fragile device that goes away over time. This is amplified due to the enormous leap in size from my 5 to the 6+. At first I was questioning my decision. The 6 is obviously a great phone with more screen space than the 5 without the issues that the size of the iPhone 6+ brings.

Now that I've had the phone almost a week the extra size is becoming less and less noticeable. I've got a good case for it now (Incipio Dual Pro) so I'm not as worried about carrying it around.

I have no regrets at this point. I think if I'd started out with the 6 I'd still be happy but figured there might be some regret from not going for the larger screen. I still have another week if something causes me to change my mind.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Haven't even gotten mine yet and I can tell you I don't regret it. The screen size/quality is awesome. Battery too.

Mark954

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
I just got my plus last night, but my wife received her plus last Friday. When we opened the box it was MUCH larger than either of us thought. But once you start using it, you cannot go back. Much more user friendly then our 5 and the display is phenomenal.

I LOVE MY PLUS!!!

Apple-of-my-eye

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I'm a 5'1" woman, and I have small hands (I find kid gloves fit me better than woman gloves)

When I first opened the box to the 6 Plus, I thought "Oh crap, what did I do?!!" I mean, I used the cut outs to determine if the size would be all right, and I went to the store to compare different models of other phones in the 6 vs 6 plus range.... but this phone seemed HUGE!!!

Now that I've got it set up, and had a chance to play with it, I am LOVING the big screen size!!! I can fit the phone into my jean pockets just fine, but will use my purse to carry it anyway. Watching videos on it is awesome!!!

I have no problem holding onto it, and can even do quite a bit one handed with it.

My husband hates it, says it's too big, but that's ok, it's my phone not his anyway!!

sholzer

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2013
Another +1 to loving mine.

Yes its big, yes it's heavy. But I knew that going in and it's awesome to have something with this big , beautiful display that lasts 2-3x longer than my 5s did with similar use.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I can't give up this screen. Just can't. Not so much for the extra real estate but for the crispness. I was lucky and got a gorgeous perfect white screen so this phone isn't getting sent back. And the battery is amazing. If the 6s gets a spec bump to the same ppi and gets a better battery I'd consider it then. The Plus is more to tote around. The 6 is a more convenient size to carry. But not by all that much that I'd give up the screen and battery for it.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
None here. 5" is really the minimum now, I think. I find that I don't even reach for my iPad anymore, I just use my iPhone.

trojanfan80

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
Got mine last night and I LOVE IT!! My wife has the 6 and even that feels too small after playing with mine.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I regret getting the 6
My mate had the plus and the screen is great and using it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Cristian

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2006
El Paso, TX
Coming from a note 3, I feel right at home! I absolutely made the right choice. I have no issues with day to day use and I'm having an awesome experience so far! I can't wait for all the apps to be updated to the resolution of the 6 plus!

toptekjon

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
No regrets at all

I've owned the Note 2 and Note 3. They were both uncomfortable to hold due to the design, but the iPhone 6+ fits very comfortably in my hand. No regrets at all.

Even if it were slightly uncomfortable, I wouldn't care. Screen size is worth it in my book.

My only concern was if it would fit in my pockets. My smallest pocket is a pair of jeans that I wear a lot, and it fits no problem. Noticeably larger in pocket than the XPeria z2 and Nexus 5 I had before this, but not bad at all.

Other than the obvious improvements they make every year, my only wish for the 6+ S next year would be to decrease the overall height of the phone. Screen size stays the same, bezels get smaller. Please get it done apple! :)

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
You don't regret something that you even have yet...

Already messed around with one. Definitely not too big. Fits my hands pretty well. I can't wait. Get mine on Monday via FedEx. :D

----------

I expect they have been to an Apple Store and had a go/feel of one and has been able to decide that they will definitely like it.

Bingo.. except it was an AT&T store. :D

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Got mine on launch day.
Love the size
Love the screen resolution
Love the battery life
Love the camera
Love the form factor

Don't love when jerks at work pick it up off my desk at work without permission. They won't make that mistake again!:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.