Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asu1996

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
I sent an email to SportsCenter app support and got this reply, "We appreciate our fans support and feedback. This widget sounds like a great idea and I will be happy to send this request to our development team" I didn't even reply lol

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
bug / glitchess

widgets in my notification center BARELY work...

The weather channel widget is the only one that isn't tooooo glitchy.

The only other one I have on now besides that is yahoo news digest and it never works. will just show nothing or says can't upload. Anyone else have this problem?

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
Well ********** great! Apple shutdown ALL launcher widgets because they launch other apps. WTF does that even mean? Weather launches a weather app.

So basically back to fart apps, but widget fart apps now (kidding of course).

I don't get it, it was so exciting of the idea of widgets, upgraded my ipad to iOS8. Now all I'm stuck with was a false bait and switch promise of functionality that was taken away. And all that is left is a really buggy, crashing, non-rotating OS.

Well, no more launchers guys. A+ apple.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
Editing my original angry rant. Realized why Apple doesn't want other apps to have access to a full list of installed apps and ability to launch them. I can see that being a huge security hole. I mean apps can then technically harvest everything you have installed, send it out and know what apps you use, etc. Take it back, I rather have privacy non-malware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.