Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiggertoo

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
Midwest, USA
Absolutely loving the larger size of my 6 plus!! I have smaller hands and have had zero problems holding or handling the phone except that until I got my leather Apple case it was a bit dangerously slippery. I wouldn't go naked with this one! :)

The screen is gorgeous and the larger size makes it so much easier to browse the web and utilize maps. I had the 5 before and have never been a one-handed phone user so that wasn't an issue for me either.

I have some great handmade bags on Etsy that I bought mainly for use with my iPad mini and I'm finding they are great to use with my new 6 Plus phone as well. In one case, I got a bag from Hipzbag, they call it a utility bag and when it first came out they said it would fit a mini iPad. I immediately bought that bag for that purpose but found that it just barely fits my mini and then nothing else which was not what I had intended to use it for as I wanted to fit lipstick, wallet cards, and medication as well. Fast-forward to the day I got my Plus, and this bag is now perfect! Can be worn around waist, used as a cross-body or a clutch purse. May or may not be an ideal option for a man I'd think.

My husband wants the Plus now also and plans to use the Otter Box case. Not sure how that will work out for him but after seeing mine, he wants the Plus now too. He usually carries a backpack for work and usually just throws his iPhone in one of the front pockets or on the dash of the car. I don't see him using his pants pockets for his phone ever but that is likely because the Otter Box case is already too large for that anyway and he's used to using that so I don't anticipate it will be an issue for him.

The Plus is an absolutely beautiful phone and I am not having any issues with using it at all. No regrets here, at least none yet this far!

JD84

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Absolutely loving the larger size of my 6 plus!! I have smaller hands and have had zero problems holding or handling the phone except that until I got my leather Apple case it was a bit dangerously slippery. I wouldn't go naked with this one! :)

The screen is gorgeous and the larger size makes it so much easier to browse the web and utilize maps. I had the 5 before and have never been a one-handed phone user so that wasn't an issue for me either.

I have some great handmade bags on Etsy that I bought mainly for use with my iPad mini and I'm finding they are great to use with my new 6 Plus phone as well. In one case, I got a bag from Hipzbag, they call it a utility bag and when it first came out they said it would fit a mini iPad. I immediately bought that bag for that purpose but found that it just barely fits my mini and then nothing else which was not what I had intended to use it for as I wanted to fit lipstick, wallet cards, and medication as well. Fast-forward to the day I got my Plus, and this bag is now perfect! Can be worn around waist, used as a cross-body or a clutch purse. May or may not be an ideal option for a man I'd think.

My husband wants the Plus now also and plans to use the Otter Box case. Not sure how that will work out for him but after seeing mine, he wants the Plus now too. He usually carries a backpack for work and usually just throws his iPhone in one of the front pockets or on the dash of the car. I don't see him using his pants pockets for his phone ever but that is likely because the Otter Box case is already too large for that anyway and he's used to using that so I don't anticipate it will be an issue for him.

The Plus is an absolutely beautiful phone and I am not having any issues with using it at all. No regrets here, at least none yet this far!

What color did you get? :)

lovelytarheel

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Chapel Hill
Absolutely loving the larger size of my 6 plus!! I have smaller hands and have had zero problems holding or handling the phone except that until I got my leather Apple case it was a bit dangerously slippery. I wouldn't go naked with this one! :)!

You are so right about the slippery part! I bought a case from the AT&T store the day I got the phone, but still attempted to go naked for a few hours and immediately saw that was a disaster waiting to happen! The aluminum paired with the curved sides just makes it so slick!

I have a basic hard case that is completely transparent now because I just love showing off the color (I got the 128GB gold) :cool:, but once I get over my vanity lol I think I'll also invest in an otter box. I'm also afraid of the bulk but I think it will be worth it to not ruin the phone.

JD84

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I love cases lol they are like shoes or handbags you can never have too many. Love having different choices I mostly get pink.

tiggertoo

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
Midwest, USA
We are one in the same when it comes to this!

Same goes for me as well! My family teases me that I have a different case for my iPhone every other month. My 5 was white, so this time I decided to go with the space gray instead. But the gold looks nice too, hell, no matter what color, they all look good as Gold #

Sparkeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Indiana

I just looked at those and I love the idea. I wish the leather or original was able to fit the 6+ though...not too excited about the utility version.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I got the 6, still was unsure, got full access to a 6 Plus, played with both, did battery testing, etc. Smokes the 6 in low-light photos!

Going with the Plus. The hard part is procuring my desired one.

Going to skin it with my fave skin - Best Skins Ever so that'll solve the grip problem and allow it to go naked if desired.
Have a White Apple Silicone case and will be buying a super thin colored gel.

I use Baggallini Everday purse for my go to since it's smallish, weighs nothing and basically is a wallet in front with super easy grab for cards, etc. iPhone Plus fits perfect in it. Otherwise it's fine in butt jeans pocket.

Looking for a bright happy yellow? Sleeve. Thinking skin and sleeve might work for me.

Last edited:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I LOVE my plus!!!!!

I decided to order the plus cuz I wanted the larger screen. I got sick of squinting to see my phone and my mini wasn't always available.

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
I have small hands and I'm loving my 6+. The weight is a little more than I like, but most of the time it's not an issue and I usually use headphones for calls so it's not like I have to hold it up to my head for long periods of time. I'm hoping I get used to that soon though. Maybe I'll build up some muscles. :D

Anyone else see these: http://www.storyleather.com/smart-phone-cases/apple-iphone-6-plus.html

I'm thinking of springing for a wallet type , specifically this one: http://www.storyleather.com/smart-phone-cases/apple-iphone-6-plus/verano-leather-wallet-case.html

Kind of pricey, but if I can use it for going out at night to carry the phone a license, a cc and a couple of bills AND also tuck it in my purse when I have to lug that around anyway, it might be worth it. I like that you can customize the leather, and colors and you can also have them customize the size with a case on it. You just have to give them the dimensions. You can also get it with several different wristlet, lanyard, or over the shoulder strap options.

No, I'm not a shill... :) I'm just looking for validation that another $110 purchase is worth it, on top of the phone, a Zagg glass shield and an apple leather case. :confused:

That or someone please tell me I'm nuts to spend that much so I can get over it and move on. :D

BigHonkingDeal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2009
Fort Pierce
No, I'm not a shill... :) I'm just looking for validation that another $110 purchase is worth it, on top of the phone, a Zagg glass shield and an apple leather case. :confused:

That or someone please tell me I'm nuts to spend that much so I can get over it and move on. :D

These are very nice, I will be getting this one
http://www.storyleather.com/smart-p...6-plus/cartera-connect-wallet-phone-case.html

for my wife.... She killed already 2 screens in prior iPhones so it will be worth it :)

Sparkeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Indiana
I have small hands and I'm loving my 6+. The weight is a little more than I like, but most of the time it's not an issue and I usually use headphones for calls so it's not like I have to hold it up to my head for long periods of time. I'm hoping I get used to that soon though. Maybe I'll build up some muscles. :D

Anyone else see these: http://www.storyleather.com/smart-phone-cases/apple-iphone-6-plus.html

I'm thinking of springing for a wallet type , specifically this one: http://www.storyleather.com/smart-phone-cases/apple-iphone-6-plus/verano-leather-wallet-case.html

Kind of pricey, but if I can use it for going out at night to carry the phone a license, a cc and a couple of bills AND also tuck it in my purse when I have to lug that around anyway, it might be worth it. I like that you can customize the leather, and colors and you can also have them customize the size with a case on it. You just have to give them the dimensions. You can also get it with several different wristlet, lanyard, or over the shoulder strap options.

Those look nice, you could customize it so you could stick in your phone with the case on it and not have to take the case off. There are similar cases on etsy for cheaper but you probably wouldn't have all the color options.

----------

Just thinking the verano looks rather thick. IMO too thick for me personally but it looks very nice.

If anyone comes across a nice sleeve in perhaps a happy bright yellow - give a holler? Like this - maybe with a magnetic flap type. Not sure

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510j+10dQVL._SY300_.jpg

Love the color!

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
Just thinking the verano looks rather thick. IMO too thick for me personally but it looks very nice.

If anyone comes across a nice sleeve in perhaps a happy bright yellow - give a holler? Like this - maybe with a magnetic flap type. Not sure

I'm also struggling with how thick it is. Probably why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I love this one: http://www.cases.com/piel-frama-692-yellow-leather-slim-pouch-for-apple-iphone-6-plus/

But my fear is it won't fit over the leather case I already have.

----------

Those look nice, you could customize it so you could stick in your phone with the case on it and not have to take the case off. There are similar cases on etsy for cheaper but you probably wouldn't have all the color options.

I'm not a fan of the type that you actually clip your phone into. I think they're kind of unwieldy when using the phone, especially a phone this size. I'm torn with this phone. I usually just go naked with zagg protectors front and back. The camera this year has really thrown me for a loop.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I had the Sena Ultraslim for my iPhone 5s and used it when going out somewhere in order to protect the phone's front and back. At home the iPhone was naked. This was fine except when I would receive a call and have to quickly pull the pouch out of my pocket and then gently squeeze from the bottom to ease the phone out, then pull the phone the rest of the way out. Sometimes by the time I finished doing that the caller would have already given up! I was always concerned that one time I'd be trying to squeeze the phone out and it would go shooting out and wind up on the floor. Thankfully that never happened. The other thing I found inconvenient was that I couldn't just quickly glance at the screen to see my notifications or who was calling. That, and I had to remember to stash the pouch in my pocket while using the phone so that I wouldn't lose the pouch.

This time around the iPhone 6 Plus isn't going to be naked, not even at home, and right now she's wearing the Apple black leather case but I"m looking for folios or wallet-type cases, too, for going out so that the screen will be protected no matter what I'm carrying the phone in: pocket (rarely), bag, waist bag, etc. I am reluctant to put a glass or any type of screen protector on this phone, especially since right now manufacturers have been having difficulties in getting good fits.

Such a pleasant dilemma to have: finding new purses/cases/bags! :)

Last edited:

*KID*

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Boston, MA

I ordered this one in a custom color combo.
http://www.vajacases.com/iphone-6-plus-leather-cases/agenda

I also like the wallet type ones but I don't want to display my id & cc's every time I use my phone, especially on the T (subway) so I got this instead.

Sprintina

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Another lady here with a 6+! :D

Am glad that I have a Galaxy S4 so that the move from the iPhone 4S to the 6+ wasn't a complete shocker, although it is still pretty large (but obviously smaller & notably, narrower than the mini). I have medium hands and am hoping and praying that the creators of Thumb Keyboard will be able to make one for this. I never did do any 1-handed typing so that isn't really an issue. Having a Blackberry for work = 2 handed holding and 2 thumb operation anyway. :p

Took almost 2 weeks but I finally got my Spigen cases for it - a slim armor w/kickstand and a wallet w/stand. When I tried the slim armor, I had a dickens of a time getting it out and had to be careful that it didn't pop out and go flying. I have it in the wallet right now and have it on a Belkin iPad dock charger (still in the wallet case but with the flap to the side).

When it was naked, it did fit in the front pocket of my mom jeans, but its travel home is the pocketbook or satchel bag in some sort of case so it doesn't get scratched up.

Edit to add some links -

Wallet - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH83OPY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Slim Armor w/kickstand - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH83DU0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I like that wallet case and the price is right for trying it. I could probably make some relief cuts in the frame to accommodate the skin on my phone. Hmmm....

I'm looking for a grab and toss in backpack or tote type situation I might get this actually! Thx!

ETA: I imagine it would be easy to punch a small hole in it for a wrist strap for use when needed.

Faerie

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
I'm 5'4 and I have the regular 6. I'm going to the Apple Store later today just to see how big the 6+ is. :)

I added a picture in case you're interested what the 6 is like in my hand :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 271
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.