Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
I bought my iPhone 6+ from Apple online via Verizon 2 year plan. I like the phone but am not sure I can handle the size. I may still want to keep it but I'd like to know if I have the option of returning or exchanging (and if so, when that 2-week clock started ticking). I held the 6 today and compared side by side with the Plus. I was a little bored by the size of the 6 (just felt like an iPod touch) but it's certainly more practical to hold and transport. Thanks!

Nickpocalypse

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Vancouver, BC, CA
I bought my iPhone 6+ from Apple online via Verizon 2 year plan. I like the phone but am not sure I can handle the size. I may still want to keep it but I'd like to know if I have the option of returning or exchanging (and if so, when that 2-week clock started ticking). I held the 6 today and compared side by side with the Plus. I was a little bored by the size of the 6 (just felt like an iPod touch) but it's certainly more practical to hold and transport. Thanks!

In Canada, you have two weeks to return it if you buy it unlocked from Apple, but there are more restrictions if you buy it through a carrier. For example, with Rogers here, even if you go through Apple, if you buy it locked to the carrier you can only return it if you have less than 30 minutes of talk time on the device.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Sure is nice to read your replies on the big screen though, haha. Well if anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany

Can you try this please? :)
It's not much but worth a try
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19924066
Maybe you don't need to exchange but in case you do yes you should have 2 weeks.

kirkhuffy

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Philadelphia
I know with verizon you have two weeks and can exchange. Good luck doing this though cause in my area I've called every Verizon and they have none of the phone I wanted to exchange for (64gig space grey 6). Apparently won't have them til mid October... When my return window is gone. How convenient.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Yes, you can return it, but if you bought if from the online store, you have to return it via shipping it to Apple. You can't return an online-bought phone to an Apple Store, as far as my brother's experience went.

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
Yes, you can return it, but if you bought if from the online store, you have to return it via shipping it to Apple. You can't return an online-bought phone to an Apple Store, as far as my brother's experience went.

I know that Apple says that on their website, but I called Apple today and they said I could return it to the physical store. They even emailed me my paperwork (ATT 6 plus bought via Apple.com).

Went to the store, they looked it over, made sure all the accessories were there, and then credited it all back to your credit card. Bring your driver's license.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Maybe you should call the store?

I only asked here for now cause the store (both in person and on the phone) has such long wait times right now. ;)

----------

I know with verizon you have two weeks and can exchange. Good luck doing this though cause in my area I've called every Verizon and they have none of the phone I wanted to exchange for (64gig space grey 6). Apparently won't have them til mid October... When my return window is gone. How convenient.

Hmmm... if you really know for sure that you want to return it, it might be worth it to return it anyway and get the other phone when it's ready. It just might be a pain waiting - especially if you have to go quite some time without a phone! :confused:

----------

In the past, this wasn't an issue. I wonder if they've changed the rules or if it just has to do with the recent craziness. Or maybe it's always been that way and returns were for items other than iPhones...I no longer remember the details but in the past they definitely let me return an iPod to the store.

----------

I know that Apple says that on their website, but I called Apple today and they said I could return it to the physical store. They even emailed me my paperwork (ATT 6 plus bought via Apple.com).

Went to the store, they looked it over, made sure all the accessories were there, and then credited it all back to your credit card. Bring your driver's license.

They may also be trying to bend over backwards lately to accommodate frustrated customers. When I was finally able to order my phone via my reservation # after Apple had screwed up some things, they gave me a couple of extra chargers (one for car) for free. Then last night when I was getting help with activating my phone which it wouldn't do (because Apple's first mistake hadn't been fixed inside the system as we all assumed it had by this point), the guy offered me something off the Apple website - essentially let me pick out a gift. He also went into great detail about how he/they want to do their best to make me happy and be there for me and how he'll stay on the phone with me for a couple of hours if need be, etc etc. He kept using the word "opportunity" instead of "problem" or "mistake" which was so funny. My friend in the background was all "yeah opportunity FOR IMPROVEMENT!!" Lol.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

It might depend on the store. I called my Apple store today and asked them that very question and they said they would let me return there even if it was bought through apple.com.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
It might depend on the store. I called my Apple store today and asked them that very question and they said they would let me return there even if it was bought through apple.com.

I can see you're from Portland, too!

That's actually funny, because my brother tried exchanging his Plus for a 6 at the Pioneer Place Apple Store, but their servers/network couldn't process the exchange for some reason, so then he called Apple customer service and they said he could exchange it at the Bridgeport Village Apple Store. Turns out, they wouldn't let him return the online-bought Plus there. So then he drove all the way back to Portland and just printed out a pre-paid shipping label.

Long story short, I suppose it does vary by location.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

That's actually funny, because my brother tried exchanging his Plus for a 6 at the Pioneer Place Apple Store, but their servers/network couldn't process the exchange for some reason, so then he called Apple customer service and they said he could exchange it at the Bridgeport Village Apple Store. Turns out, they wouldn't let him return the online-bought Plus there. So then he drove all the way back to Portland and just printed out a pre-paid shipping label.

I guess it does.:eek: I called the Washington Square store

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010

I exchanged my apple.com bought plus for a 6 at my local Apple Store.

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Absolutely WRONG!

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005

WTH - I'm in Portland too! :)

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia

what color do you have now?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

Attachments

• ZVHAbEv.jpg
    ZVHAbEv.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 181
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.