Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I knew something was suspicious about this. Only a handful of people complained about this issue while it was made out to look like a prevalent problem. Something seemed "off" about that guy in the video, too. Made it seem like he was paid off to do it or had a grudge against Apple.

TwoBayDude

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
At worst, he used two phones or bent the phone prior to the test to intentionally weaken it. He got 25,000,000 views under the premise that the phone can easily be bent with bare hands. This is already debunked.

Did nobody actually watch the thing? 1:29 to 1:40, the thing freaking BENDS in his hands as he applies the right amount of force. You don't do that with editing. :rolleyes:

FireCapt

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
this is the most watse of time thread. I have my iphone 6+ for a week now, using it normally like I did with my iphone 4. the thing is FLAT as a board. so some sinister crap is going on here. :cool::apple:

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
This thread is over

http://youtu.be/gJ3Ds6uf0Yg

Here he shows how easy was to bend again the iphone 6+

He is stronger than normal but the iphone 6 + bends easily, maybe Apple could send him new phones before going public to test them

Please take care of your iphone 6 + because it bends easily

Last edited:

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
This thread is over

http://youtu.be/gJ3Ds6uf0Yg

Here he shows how easy was to bend again the iphone 6+

He is stronger than normal but the iphone 6 + bends easily, maybe Apple could send him new phones before going public to test them

I suppose that Apple needs to destroy all their testing machines and throw out their procedures. All they need is this clown standing in a public area with a camera on him, attempting to bend phones in ways that the average user wouldn't.

rhylin

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Nowhere, USA
The phone bends, bends pretty badly under the right pressure but that doesn't mean you'll ever achieve that amount of pressure in the phones lifetime, dismissing the fact it doesn't bend is plain dumb and ignorant. I understand you want your device to be perfect since you dropped $300+ on it and feel like you have the coolest phone on the block but let's not get feelings twisted over an inanimate object.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
The phone bends, bends pretty badly under the right pressure but that doesn't mean you'll ever achieve that amount of pressure in the phones lifetime, dismissing the fact it doesn't bend is plain dumb and ignorant. I understand you want your device to be perfect since you dropped $300+ on it and feel like you have the coolest phone on the block but let's not get feelings twisted over an inanimate object.

People should just accept the fact that the 6 Plus can bend, pretty easily in some circumstances, but unlikely to bend under typical usage. It is still an excellent phone -- in my opinion the best in the world along with the 6. Just exercise appropriate care and it should have no problem lasting for as long as you want to keep it.

----------

I suppose that Apple needs to destroy all their testing machines and throw out their procedures. All they need is this clown standing in a public area with a camera on him, attempting to bend phones in ways that the average user wouldn't.

You are being sarcastic but perhaps that's precisely the thing that they needed to do but didn't, and thus missed a potential issue that they might have wanted to fix if they knew about it?

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
The hotel name was actually Watergate.

Your post would imply that it would have to be the "Watergategate" scandal.

Um.... I know the hotel, and have been there. I'm just commenting on how the Watergate scandal has got all of us adding "gate" to every scandal now. It was kind of a joke.

JoeTomasone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
If I walked around with this guy's hands in my pocket TRYING to intentionally bend my phone then I would concede that this is a real problem.

The fact remains that carrying the phone in your pocket will only impart sufficient force if you are pretty damned negligent.

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
Haha, he sure does take care to name-drop Moto X a surprising number of times in about 10 seconds. Dude's clearly sponsored by Moto X.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
How do we know the iPhone in the video wasn't opened up and sabotaged? He could have easily opened it up and taken a dremel to the structure of the phone, then seal it back up. Easy to bend now right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.