Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Whenever I am viewing a text message thread and then I bring up the keyboard, the most recent messages don't move up so that the most recent messages are above the keyboard. Instead, the most recent messages remain where they are and get covered up by the keyboard.

Tell me that's not by design, because I am constantly moving up the messages before I type to make sure there are no new messages. Maybe 5% of the time when I bring up the keyboard, the messages move up as I would expect them to.

Make sense? Is this a bug?

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Whenever I am viewing a text message thread and then I bring up the keyboard, the most recent messages don't move up so that the most recent messages are above the keyboard. Instead, the most recent messages remain where they are and get covered up by the keyboard.

Tell me that's not by design, because I am constantly moving up the messages before I type to make sure there are no new messages. Maybe 5% of the time when I bring up the keyboard, the messages move up as I would expect them to.

Make sense? Is this a bug?

I've noticed that too. Following this.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Are you using the stock keyboard? There are apparently issues like this on third party keyboards.

I am using SwiftKey. After playing around, yes, I don't have the issue when the stock keyboard is default. How can Apple be missing SO many things in iOS8? Geez. Hopefully they fix this.

And let me using contact pictures in my text message threads while you're at it.

GlideStar

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
I have this issue also. Very irritating if you message a lot.

I'd hoped ios 8.02 would have addressed it but unfortunately not...

Third party keyboard integration hasn't been all that great at all. Lots of issues which really should have been picked up in beta testing.

At least I'm no longer getting constantly asked to 'enable full access' even though it has already been selected...

matjamca

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2013
St Helens, Merseyside, England
I have the problem with the stock iOS 8 Keyboard, but not to the same extent.

I've noticed when actually sending a text, the 'Delivered' or 'Read ??:??' indicator of the message is obscured by the keyboard because the message stream doesn't move up far enough.

Not a major issue, but it just feels unpolished to me. I'm a bit anal when it comes to things like this though.

On a separate note (staying with the unpolished theme), another annoying issue for me is Reachability. I don't like the way the name of the apps on the second (now bottom) row go below the dock. I think the screen should only come down enough so that the two top (now bottom) rows of apps are displayed fully - as if you just hide the top 2 rows of apps (if you get what I mean).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.