Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
So both of our new Space Grey iPhone 6 Pluses exhibit this issue - if you go into iTunes and select Artists - the A to Z shortcut or the right hand side of the screen does not function properly? It will select "A" and it will select "W" and anything above "W" - but you can't select or scroll anything in between??

Anyone else noticed this - can anyone else with a 6 plus 128Gb try this please? - As I say - both our Space Grey ones exhibit the same fault - whereas the two White ones (same spec) in the family are totally fine??

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
Anyone else had this then?? Just strange that our two iPhone 6 pluses (128gb Space Grey) exhibit the issue.

I went into the store yesterday - all of the phones on show were fine. Showed mine to a genius - they were no help...."yes it's faulty but we don't know what's wrong with it.........maybe wait for another update? "

Anyone else got this??...Again its fine scrolling though the A to Z on the far right of the screen with "songs" ....but "artists" only the A and anything above W work!!

selianth

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I'm having this issue with my "Albums" list on my Space Gray iPhone 6 64gb. The Artists and Songs work fine, but there is one album beginning with A that is screwing everything up - it's showing up multiple times, and the list headings are messed up. It goes A for about 12 albums, then same album is listed individually as R, A, H, E, D, B, L, I, A, H, T.. and then it goes back to A and lists all the rest of my 400 albums correctly. Anyway, you're not completely crazy.

Edit: There were actually 2 albums being weird, and they were actually pretty screwed up in iTunes too, I just discovered. I removed the offenders from my phone and after resyncing, the list is scrolling correctly. I tried deleting them from iTunes and readding, but that didn't fix anything. So for now I'm just going to leave them out. Fortunately it's a couple albums I haven't listened to in a long time and don't care if I actually have on my phone or not, but it's not really a good solution.

Last edited:

mhoppe72

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
Same issue here

Silver/White 128GB iPhone 6 PLus, same problem. Hard reset, reset all internal setting, still cant scroll through artist. WTF apple? Latest update did not fix either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.