Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London
I own an note 2, and I'll upgrade to the iPhone 6+, the Note 4 with the exception of the S pen and the fact it's smaller, has nothing to appeal.

1st iOS / OSX are IMHO the best ecosystem, superior 3rd party software quality, years light away superior integration (hands off, apple pay etc).

2nd useless features as resolution, is not human possible to distinguish 1K (note 2) from 2k(iPhone 6+) much less from 3K (note 4).

3rd and worst : SAMSUNG HATES TO UPDATE IT'S DEVICES SOFTWARE, they only gives updated from 2yr after launch then you need to buy a new one if you need an new Android feature or go DIY with 3rd party cooked rom this is despicable.

Fully agree with the resolutions. There is no need for 2k and above on mobile devices. These are just stunts most android device makers use to outsell other competitors about pointless specs which doesn't reflect everyday use of the device.
With the new iOS 8, iPhone 6, :apple:Pay, Touch ID, :apple:Watch these are fully integrated products which makes Apple way ahead of Samsung and the competitors. I believe Samsung is also an innovative company although they rip :apple:off they do have stuff that I like and just hope they concentrate on the important things and stop making those cheap rubbish adverts.

nigerson

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2014
If you didn't read: I own an Note II GT-N7100, not my first Crapsung, but surely it's my last one.

Samsung stated will not update the GT-N7100 to Android "L", only to 4.4.2, maybe to 4.4.4 not more, while actually the note 2 hardware fully support Android "L", this is obvious policy of "anticipated obsolescence".

Carrier delay in updates don't use to extend more than 2 month and it's due they need to check the update it's compatible with all the bloatware they installed.

Yes android has nfc payments from a while, but very few merchants accept Google Checkout or the previously known as ISIS, apple pay it cheaper indeed and from star a large number of popular merchants will accept it.

Last year samsung delayed update from 4.1.2 to 4.2 then they skipped 4.2 and finally near 9 months before 4.2 update they released 4.3, BUT NOT THE SAME UPDATE AS ON THE NOTE 3, but a simplified one, w/o features they could bring for free to the note 2 as the S-Pen menu just to name one, this is anticipated obsolescence policy, while right now Appe is updating the iPhone 4s to iOS 8 with most of its features except those not supported by the hardware.

No sir, if some day I'll get another android will never be a samsung, actually I own an HTC ONE M8 purchased from T-Mobile then I installed the Google Play Edition ROM, now I have a phone that will update to Android "L" automatically as soon it's available, samsung last and final GPe Android it's an S4, they blame the GPe for the slow S5 sales, why? Simple they bet on anticipated obsolescence to push sales.

If you want an Android Ok you won't have things such hand of, or being capable to respond calls from your pc speakers or send sms from your pc or simply have the hardest recovery or "remote fuse" system, it's OK you're free but consider stay away Crapsung, there are better alternatives at Android less frustrating.
Google states that they don't support any hardware after an 18 month period. Being that note 2 is 2 years old is pretty self explanatory.

It took att 4 months to update my note 3 after international updates. Also carriers don't do that good of a job checking bloatware compatibility. One example the note3 on att was incapable of GPS function until an update that came 6months after launch of phone.

ISIS is not google wallet. ISIS is a combination of major carriers att, verizon, etc. and american express to replace google wallet(ISIS was supported by all nfc phones that were unrooted and iphones with an ISIS case). Every single merchant listed in apple's keynote is accepting taptopay currently and works with google wallet.

You can't expect to get next gen features with every new release. Why would samsung give you all the features of note3 in note2? This is the same thing as apple's 4 and 4s siri exclusivity. The iphone 4 can easily handle siri, but apple did not make it available in order to sell more 4s units.

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
Google states that they don't support any hardware after an 18 month period. Being that note 2 is 2 years old is pretty self explanatory.

It took att 4 months to update my note 3 after international updates. Also carriers don't do that good of a job checking bloatware compatibility. One example the note3 on att was incapable of GPS function until an update that came 6months after launch of phone.

ISIS is not google wallet. ISIS is a combination of major carriers att, verizon, etc. and american express to replace google wallet(ISIS was supported by all nfc phones that were unrooted and iphones with an ISIS case). Every single merchant listed in apple's keynote is accepting taptopay currently and works with google wallet.

You can't expect to get next gen features with every new release. Why would samsung give you all the features of note3 in note2? This is the same thing as apple's 4 and 4s siri exclusivity. The iphone 4 can easily handle siri, but apple did not make it available in order to sell more 4s units.

1st not accurate, actually Google support devices 18 months from last day am unit of such model was offered, Samsung approach is not to support devices 12 months before it's successor was announced. Indeed Apple still supporting the 4S 36 months before it's release.

Nice job at your carrier, that's why Apple releases are universally available notwithstanding which carrier are you engaged.

I know ISIS NOT google wallet, did you know ISIS is dealing with Apple to bring it's service thru Apple Pay platform?

Finally, Of course we can't expect all and every one feature being ported to an predecessor device, but Apple is evident more generous than Crapsung, and about Siri I tested Siri on Jailbroken iPhone 4 and definitely the experience was sub par, I know Siri begins as an 3rd party app that ran on the iPhone 4 and pulled before the 4S launch, but Siri on the 4S it's by far superior.

nigerson

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2014
1st not accurate, actually Google support devices 18 months from last day am unit of such model was offered, Samsung approach is not to support devices 12 months before it's successor was announced. Indeed Apple still supporting the 4S 36 months before it's release.

Nice job at your carrier, that's why Apple releases are universally available notwithstanding which carrier are you engaged.

I know ISIS NOT google wallet, did you know ISIS is dealing with Apple to bring it's service thru Apple Pay platform?

Finally, Of course we can't expect all and every one feature being ported to an predecessor device, but Apple is evident more generous than Crapsung, and about Siri I tested Siri on Jailbroken iPhone 4 and definitely the experience was sub par, I know Siri begins as an 3rd party app that ran on the iPhone 4 and pulled before the 4S launch, but Siri on the 4S it's by far superior.

That's great that apple supports iphone for 36months, but on android you can download/create roms in order to get the latest and greatest.

Isis is probably the worst mobile payment platform in existence. They require you to only use a select number of Amex cards, chase, or wellsfargo. I opened an amex card account to test out this service and it was subpar to google wallet. Payments constantly failed where google worked constantly. Since ISIS is run by carriers the software will not work on jailbroken/rooted phones, so I really hope they have nothing to do with stock IOS/apple pay.

Siri has nothing to do with your phone other than the microphone and speaker. Siri's "brains" are located on some apple server. That's why when iphone 4s was released siri failed to work properly for a couple days(also siri requires a constant internet connection). The iphone 4 would be able to handle siri since all the heavy lifting is done in the cloud.

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
That's great that apple supports iphone for 36months, but on android you can download/create roms in order to get the latest and greatest.

Isis is probably the worst mobile payment platform in existence. They require you to only use a select number of Amex cards, chase, or wellsfargo. I opened an amex card account to test out this service and it was subpar to google wallet. Payments constantly failed where google worked constantly. Since ISIS is run by carriers the software will not work on jailbroken/rooted phones, so I really hope they have nothing to do with stock IOS/apple pay.

Siri has nothing to do with your phone other than the microphone and speaker. Siri's "brains" are located on some apple server. That's why when iphone 4s was released siri failed to work properly for a couple days(also siri requires a constant internet connection). The iphone 4 would be able to handle siri since all the heavy lifting is done in the cloud.
Download cooked rom means gift your privacy to no-name boris or no-name Chang, impossible to thrust on thousands files when all that they need to introduce an back door is to edit few bytes, and to cook your own take large hours to reach acceptable results) assuming you have the skills and enough spare time, time you could invest on quality moments with your family) , so I prefer a company committed with its users, giving an reasonable product support, than on one that aggressively bets on you ditch their crap.

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
Tommy and his scarf playing that dopey video game and the fake phone call to Dr. Dre are two of the most awkward things I've ever seen in a media presentation.

Now you're just being daft - NOTHING could be worse than Samsung's awkward events.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Remember Samsung's innovative feature which pauses a video when you lock away? Neither does the rest of the world.

However, if Apple debuts a NFC powered mobile payment system with the iPhone 6, it will likely catch on and we'll see very phone launched in 2015 have a similar feature.

Yes but they won't be Apple phones. This is Apple Pay. It doesn't have anything to do with NFC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.