Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gargi

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2013
Hi,

I have a problem that I have shsh bloobs only from ios 5.0.1. Do you think that is possible to downgrade IOS 7.0.4 to IOS 5.0.1, without loosing contacts and calendar data? If so, how please?

Thank you.

Gilb2406

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Thank you!

This thread is fantastic. The tutorial allowed me to restore from an iOS 7.1 Beta back to iOS 7.0.4 and keep my backup.

FYI - Only thing that needs doing is modifying Info.plist, manifest.plist and sms.db (Client version from 7006 to 7005). Everything else can remain untouched.

Phone restored with no errors. Note the following:
Sign in to iCloud. iMessage and FaceTime were automatically activated.
Mail accounts need re-entering.
Recent calls are reset.
Call timers are reset.
Favourites in the phone app were corrupt, but attempting to delete one caused the app to crash, then re-launching it they corrected themselves.

Everything else seems perfect so far! Applications, Springboard layout and their data are all synced. Guessing theres not such a major difference between minor iOS version backups. Very happy with that result as it saves a load of hassle!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Any chance 5s can be downgraded to ios 6.x?

No, for two reasons.

1) No device, beginning with the 4S, can be downgraded.
2) What would you use to downgrade? iOS 6 never existed for the 5s, so there'd be no firmware available to even attempt to use to downgrade.

BoxerRobban472

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
I tried to follow the guide but got some problem when I got to step 14; I can't find the "System Files/WirelessDomain/Library/Databases/DataUsage.db" or the
"System Files/WirelessDomain/Library/Databases/UsageAlert.db". I decided to proceed anyway, but after I downgraded my iPhone (it's an iPhone 4 GSM) from 7.0.4 to 6.1.3 and tried to restore it to the modified backup, I get a error message in the end, saying that the backup wasn't compatible or damaged. I immediately checked the Console application and I found an error message. This is what it looked like:

http://gyazo.com/f053f3b8b1d31fc8ad86d579e82f089f

Should I just delete the DataUsage.sqlite file from the backup and try again, or do I have to do something else?

I don't know if this matters but the SystemDomainsVersion were not 18.0 for me, it was 20.0. (But I still changed it to 16.0) And the _SqliteDatabaseProperties were not 7005 for me, it was 7006. (But I still changed it to 6100)

Thanks in advance!:)

EDIT: I fixed it! I just deleted the DataUsage.sqlite file from the backup. It restored perfectly after that! However, I can not send ordinary text messages from my iPhone. Calls and iMessages works, but not SMS. This didn't work before I downgraded though, so it may not be related to that...

EDIT2: Fixed the SMS-probelm as well! Actually went down to my carrier (I think that's what it's called? It's the company the provides me with data to surf, call, send texts etc. Anyway,) and just told him that I wasn't able to send texts anymore. Two minutes later I had a new SIM-card and an iPhone that I could text with again! Not sure if this was caused by something in the restore-process or if it was something else though, but if anyone have the same problem in the future, that's how I solved it!:)

Last edited:

olamide

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2014
I tried to follow the guide but got some problem when I got to step 14; I can't find the "System Files/WirelessDomain/Library/Databases/DataUsage.db" or the
"System Files/WirelessDomain/Library/Databases/UsageAlert.db". I decided to proceed anyway, but after I downgraded my iPhone (it's an iPhone 4 GSM) from 7.0.4 to 6.1.3 and tried to restore it to the modified backup, I get a error message in the end, saying that the backup wasn't compatible or damaged. I immediately checked the Console application and I found an error message. This is what it looked like:

Should I just delete the DataUsage.sqlite file from the backup and try again, or do I have to do something else?

I don't know if this matters but the SystemDomainsVersion were not 18.0 for me, it was 20.0. (But I still changed it to 16.0) And the _SqliteDatabaseProperties were not 7005 for me, it was 7006. (But I still changed it to 6100)

EDIT: I fixed it! I just deleted the DataUsage.sqlite file from the backup. It restored perfectly after that! However, I can not send ordinary text messages from my iPhone. Calls and iMessages works, but not SMS. This didn't work before I downgraded though, so it may not be related to that...

hi, can I use my windows computer with 11.1 itunes! but i dont need my back up, what can I do? iphone 4 ios7.0.4

olamide

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2014
can I use windows, with itunes 11.1 I actually don't need my back up, I just want a clean restore back to ios 6. ... Iphone 4 ios7. urgent replies plsss!

BoxerRobban472

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Alryt! Thank you so much for the fast response! Dont have a blob.

No problem!

This may be a long-shot but is your iPhone used/"second-hand"? If so, there is a chance that the previous owner jailbroke it tethered or that he saved the SHSH-blob. Check the "Show available blobs" function in iFaith to find out!:)

olamide

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2014
No problem!

This may be a long-shot but is your iPhone used/"second-hand"? If so, there is a chance that the previous owner jailbroke it tethered or that he saved the SHSH-blob. Check the "Show available blobs" function in iFaith to find out!:)

thanks for your time! ifaith says none! Am thinking of editing the manifest.plist and restore.plist inside my ios6 ipsw file, to make it look like its ios7. can that work?

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
No, for two reasons.

1) No device, beginning with the 4S, can be downgraded.
2) What would you use to downgrade? iOS 6 never existed for the 5s, so there'd be no firmware available to even attempt to use to downgrade.

U said beginning with 4S , I tried to restore my 3GS to ios 6.1.3 because something happens .. But I got an error saying restore was not possible .. Error number 3194.. My thread is in the ios 6 threads ...could u answer me about this
Because 3GS never supports ios 7 so it should be able to restore but it doesn't !

ben824

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2012
GA
Does anyone know if this can be done withe iOS 8 Beta 3 to 7.1.2? And can anyone provide updated version information changes?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Does anyone know if this can be done withe iOS 8 Beta 3 to 7.1.2? And can anyone provide updated version information changes?
Wouldn't you simply replace whatever version 8 information in that file simply with 7.1.2 and that's basically that? At least that's the main thing that needs to be updated. Most people have had success with just that and no other changes. This thread seems to talk about a whole lot more though.

t0p0ne

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2012
US to A

WELL DONE!
I too had EXACT issue as you., trying to restore the backup from 4S (GSM) 7.1.1 to iphone 4 GSM 6.1.3, i got error at the very end of iTunes restore process before it can pass the backup data to iphone for continuing restore. And i have the same exact error message in Console that telling me @ AppleMobileBackup ERROR:"205 File path not in set of paths to back up: WirelessDomain:Library/Databases/DataUsage.db" (search the string in Console for AppleMobileBackup if you can't seem to locate the error message). So i did the same you by removing DataUsage.db using ibackupbot and try to restore backup again and VOILA! it works!!

After restore i have my messages,photos back but contacts, not sure if i need to sign in iphone to restore from ICloud or not but i'll figure it out

Thanks OP and BoxerRobban472 for you input!!! Saved my a tons of work! Hope this helps the next poor soul if you ever run into this issue:p

BoxerRobban472

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
WELL DONE!
I too had EXACT issue as you., trying to restore the backup from 4S (GSM) 7.1.1 to iphone 4 GSM 6.1.3, i got error at the very end of iTunes restore process before it can pass the backup data to iphone for continuing restore. And i have the same exact error message in Console that telling me @ AppleMobileBackup ERROR:"205 File path not in set of paths to back up: WirelessDomain:Library/Databases/DataUsage.db" (search the string in Console for AppleMobileBackup if you can't seem to locate the error message). So i did the same you by removing DataUsage.db using ibackupbot and try to restore backup again and VOILA! it works!!

After restore i have my messages,photos back but contacts, not sure if i need to sign in iphone to restore from ICloud or not but i'll figure it out

Thanks OP and BoxerRobban472 for you input!!! Saved my a tons of work! Hope this helps the next poor soul if you ever run into this issue:p

Glad I could help you!:) After I had successfully downgraded and restored my iPhone, I signed in to iCloud and I got all my contacts, notes and everything else I backed-ip to the cloud before synced back to the iPhone. Hopefully that'll work for you too!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.