Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
So I did poke around in the VZW Order Status thread a bit but didn't see this directly addressed, but apologies in advance if this has been addressed already but from what I've seen by checking this inventory checker grid regularly it seems like AT&T and Sprint have consistently more 6+ stock than Verizon and T-Mobile. Granted, stock across the board is real low but it seems like the little there is is always for AT&T and Sprint and not ever Verizon and T-mobile. Is this accurate? If so, why?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Perhaps because:

- ATT was Apples first and still biggest customer so they reward them.

- Sprint is dog**** and no one wants to buy their devices so they always show as in stock.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
false to all above.

Verizon phones are unlocked phones out of the box. AT&T is unlocked only if you buy full price.
everyone want Verizon, even if they are not Verizon customers.

Tmobile is also on high demand due to their un-carrier.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Whats the better place to buy Verizon store or apple store?

Apple.

Better customer service and no restocking fee if you decide to return.

I'd only go with verizon if you couldn't find any in stock at the Apple store or needed to go through Verizon to do a trade in.

dfran1

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
Also if you have the family share plans, you get 1gb extra shared data per new phone for 2 years, but from what I read only when you buy from Verizon online or in the Verizon store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.