Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l3uddz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
The video has been removed but I managed to download it beforehand. I will forward it to Apple and the police I think.

Please re-upload it, missed it and these kids deserve to be known for their antics... They probably got abuse from comments and figured they would just remove it and that would be the end of that...

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
same for us; if we decide of a class action lawsuit, we have got all the evidence we need too
Dream on noob :)
In other news: metal bends, glass breaks and scratches, most electronics don't play well with water, too many snicker bars will make you look like many of the people in these bendie videos.

Last edited:

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
You're talking about a full grown man versus 17 year olds who might I add look short small and kinda obese in the video. At the end of the day the 6 plus bends easily. Get a case for it. Apple still needs to address it head on. Apple store rep stated to me only 9 reported cases total. I call bs.

Apple are gonna recall a product that is selling like hot cakes because....well because a handful of people on the Internet has created a "problem" that the average joe in real life doesn't have.

Yeah that makes sense business wise...

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Please re-upload it, missed it and these kids deserve to be known for their antics... They probably got abuse from comments and figured they would just remove it and that would be the end of that...

I haven't made it public but somebody else has posted it from another source on this thread. I think it was mirror ninja or something like that :)

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
I just can't believe thin aluminum bends. It boggles my mind. Those kids must be superhuman.

Get out of here!

a 7,1mm object made of glass and aluminium bends??

don't believe you!

Bring the mythbusters in to decide on this.

----------

I believe it's the Daily Prophet. It's just below the Sirius Black article.

It's on the Metro UK too

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Wow the apple fanboys here are really annoying. Only a handful of people can see these phones have a flaw and the rest are just apologist doing damage control or attacking whoever says they bend like me.

After all this is a place where "fanboys" are expected to be found. Fandroid newbie trolls on the other hand? Apparently on much more quantities...!!

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2014
Wow the apple fanboys here are really annoying. Only a handful of people can see these phones have a flaw and the rest are just apologist doing damage control or attacking whoever says they bend like me.

yeah, unfortunately a lot of fanboys don't realize that they're not helping here...

I would consider myself a fanboy too; but I am a fanboy for a reason, I like higher quality products, products made with better material, products that look and feel great and that are more durable.

I have iPods and Macs for years and years, and with a basic level of care, those products stand the test of time, just a scratch here and there on the aluminum that gives them character.

This phone is different; first we can all agree it is much less attractive than the 4 and the 5; and having to worry about your phone all the time as if it was a baby is just an annoyance. Good technology, good design, should be there to help us with our daily lives; we should not have to think about it all the time.

Whether it is bad design or bad execution at the factory, something is not as it should be here, and the later they acknowledge it and repair it, the worst it becomes for the company. As fanboys, we should help them realize early on that it's a big issue if we want that company to succeed.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Regardless of whether or not the phone is capapble of bedning, which it could very well be, given enough pressure, this in no way excuses or justifies what these ****s did at the Apple Store. So let's say, yes, it does bend under pressure. What they did was still wrong.

Put it this way, you have a 6+ and a stranger wants to see if it bends, so he grabs it and bends it. Would that be ok?

So just because it's the Apple Store makes it ok?
A crime is a crime is a crime. Period.

Accountability. Welcome to it.

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
Guys is there a problem with my pen?

I can bend it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412000768.645321.jpg

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
and now they removed the original they'll loose all that ad revenue. So much for being rich by friday

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Nobody is gonna look for a bunch of kids for bending a display phone.
How about you test that "theory", walk into a store and break something worth around $900 US oh and tape it, get back to us with the results.

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
I haven't made it public but somebody else has posted it from another source on this thread. I think it was mirror ninja or something like that :)

Well, Im still going to provide Apple with the information, just in case.

15 year olds can be charged with Criminal Damage, Section 1 for the actual act, and as they threatened to do it again 9with better cameras), Section 2.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
It's really sad how our youth feels so entitled and has no respect for someone else's property. I like how they didn't buy an iPhone of their own to bend. I'm at a loss for words how these kids got away with this. They are probably laughing and it really frustrates me.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
All you can do at this is shake your head. Youth. We've all been there before though so on some level I can relate!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.