Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
I emailed them on Friday asking about the ETA. Apparently, the first batch will only go out in 2 weeks. Hang in there guys!

Gonna get the Apple leather case in the meantime.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I emailed them on Friday asking about the ETA. Apparently, the first batch will only go out in 2 weeks. Hang in there guys!

Sounds good :) I hope they put up some more pictures of the actual case soon too :cool:

Knliebe

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014

Two weeks is soooo far! Lol
I emailed them and asked for them to send me pictures of the finished cases ASAP. Will post them when I get them

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Two weeks is soooo far! Lol
I emailed them and asked for them to send me pictures of the finished cases ASAP. Will post them when I get them

Another poster also pointed out in another thread that the inner lining of the Cabrio for 5S had aluminium lining that resulted in signal problems. Since the antenna is on the back this time round, aluminium shouldn't be a problem. Nonetheless, I've emailed them about this and awaiting response. Though to my eyes, it looks like a pure leather case.

Knliebe

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
Another poster also pointed out in another thread that the inner lining of the Cabrio for 5S had aluminium lining that resulted in signal problems. Since the antenna is on the back this time round, aluminium shouldn't be a problem. Nonetheless, I've emailed them about this and awaiting response. Though to my eyes, it looks like a pure leather case.

They did tell me it has some kind of hard lining to make the case a little more rigid, but they didn't tell me specifically what it was

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
They did tell me it has some kind of hard lining to make the case a little more rigid, but they didn't tell me specifically what it was

Thats good, I emailed them as well to see about the aluminum just to make sure... but their other case that was aluminum was a much different style, so I doubt this would have it.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Thats good, I emailed them as well to see about the aluminum just to make sure... but their other case that was aluminum was a much different style, so I doubt this would have it.

Yeap, this seems much slimmer like those ultra thin cases but in leather. Which is why I bought it.

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Also waiting for my Cabrio. Pretty much the only case on the market that I like.....hopefully its as beautiful as I think or its naked all the way

I'm hoping to be in that next 2 weeks batch

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
"The new CalypsoCases are made of alcantara on the inside, leather on the outside and a fiber glass similar high tech material in between. The CalypsoCase gives the new iPhone a firm and stabile grip."

From Calypo.

Sounds good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.