Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
Picked up a Speck Candyshell for my 6. I really like these cases. I have had them for my 4, 4S and 5. Good drop protection, nice tactile feedback on the buttons and nice appearance. Plenty of lip for lay on table protection. Two issues that don't bother me. 1) It doesn't sit flat on the table, meaning it spins. A non-issue for me. 2) it scratches somewhat easily. Not too visible with white, so not a big deal to me. Feels really nice in the hand. The rubber is of high quality and helps hold it secure while using the phone one handed. Overall a great case IMO. Attached are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2806.JPG
    IMG_2806.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,020
  • IMG_2813.JPG
    IMG_2813.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2811.JPG
    IMG_2811.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2812.JPG
    IMG_2812.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 516

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Nice pics and I love the Candyshell. But I don't understand why the back has a slight bow allowing it to spin. What I am worried about is this slipping off a table or flat surface (listening to headphones, etc.) so I've decided to hold off until Speck releases their new MightyShell case.

Reading through the reviews on Amazon, a Speck rep replied to those who said this happened and said it was not normal and to contact them about replacing it.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
Nice pics and I love the Candyshell. But I don't understand why the back has a slight bow allowing it to spin. What I am worried about is this slipping off a table or flat surface (listening to headphones, etc.) so I've decided to hold off until Speck releases their new MightyShell case.

Reading through the reviews on Amazon, a Speck rep replied to those who said this happened and said it was not normal and to contact them about replacing it.

Yes, it will spin on it's back. You can always put it face down, which is what I always do. I understand some like to type while it's flat, so this may cause some issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.