Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashtar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2014
Has anyone who ordered this case, either from Amazon or Spigen directly, received it yet? I'd love a review and some pics on how it fits and how thin it is once installed.

Thanks.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I got the clear one for my wifes iPhone 6 to use until her Vaja case arrives. Got it from Amazon for $9.99 -- the fit is perfect, its very thin and smooth but gives the iPhone a much better grip. Pretty much identical to the iSkin SOLO Cases which cost 2-3x as much. The clear does have a slightly yellowish tint to it when you look at it from certain angles, not noticeable when looking directly at it though.

Also got one of the Obliq TPU cases for $3.99 to use temporarily -- fit is good on it as well.

5wjyw.jpg

98huz8.jpg

2mx37lt.jpg

2rnc4z5.jpg

Ashtar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much! That looks great! I ordered the black one and with my rewards points, I got it for $5.99. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Thanks so much for the review and photos. I appreciate it! :cool:

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I got the clear one for my wifes iPhone 6 to use until her Vaja case arrives. Got it from Amazon for $9.99 -- the fit is perfect, its very thin and smooth but gives the iPhone a much better grip. Pretty much identical to the iSkin SOLO Cases which cost 2-3x as much. The clear does have a slightly yellowish tint to it when you look at it from certain angles, not noticeable when looking directly at it though.

Also got one of the Obliq TPU cases for $3.99 to use temporarily -- fit is good on it as well.

How does the case feel? Does it feel like hard plastic type of feel?
From the pictures it looks like it has sort of a rubbery plastic type of feel

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
How does the case feel? Does it feel like hard plastic type of feel?
From the pictures it looks like it has sort of a rubbery plastic type of feel

It's definitely rubbery -- it's still somewhat smooth... but much more rubbery than the Obliq case, etc

FYI this is the Obliq case I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-Obliq-Slim-Flex/dp/B00LU2JN1O/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_25Hhub0BYGV0B_tt

The Obliq is hard plastic TPU material, not rubbery at all -- but still has a good grip because of texture molded onto the back and sides. The Capsule by Spigen is more rubbery feeling while still being smooth (not too sticky / tacky feeling)

Last edited:

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
I got the grey one - ordered from Amazon and it arrived prior to the release date of the phone. Totally fine for now. Not sure if this will work for me long term, but I like it well enough.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I have one. Doesn't fit as tightly as I would like it to, but it has a nice lip above the screen. I ordered it as soon as I pre-ordered my 6. Had it on hand when I got it. It has kind of a cool neon effect when you turn flashlight on. Definitely has a yellow tinge to it. Don't expect a "clear" case.

shappp91

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
ordered the clear capsule as well last Sunday and still haven't received it, chose priority 1 day delivery as well. Settled for a 15 dollar insignia case from best buy last night until it arrives.

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Got the black Capsule... have to say it is a little cheaper and thinner feeling than I expected. Also there is an ugly seam running along the rim of the case. Definitely lacks the quality I'm looking for and have seen in other Spigen cases. Will probably return and stick with the apple silicon case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.