Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barbz09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Louisiana
I am presently using msecure but looking at keeper. anyone use these? wonder which one is the best? I will need it for ipad and iphone..
thanks for the input

barbz09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Louisiana
Thank you I will give it a try

----------

will I be able to use it on ipad and iphone? or do I even need to put it on ipad? I just use it like a back up in case something happens

chevelleguy3

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2013
Mckinney, TX
I have been using Keeper for a couple of years now, upgraded to the premium last year so it can sync with my Mac and my iPad as well.

Works great, no complaints

barbz09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Louisiana
well just installed 1password tried to open it to create a new vault and it crashed both times! I am on ios8, maybe I will try keeper, does it store your passwords off site?

barbz09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Louisiana
ok trying to use 1password, added one item manually but duh, I can't figure out how it works! I'm confused..:rolleyes::roll eyes: looked at the instructions on iTunes, my gosh it takes an act of congress to change the password I have stored and still can't get it! I'm sure it is easier than I am thinking will keep trying.

Last edited:

BigHungry04

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2008
Kentucky
I have used 1password since 2010. I really enjoy the app and would gladly recommend using it to anyone. It is definitely worth the price.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
ok trying to use 1password, added one item manually but duh, I can't figure out how it works! I'm confused..:rolleyes::roll eyes: looked at the instructions on iTunes, my gosh it takes an act of congress to change the password I have stored and still can't get it! I'm sure it is easier than I am thinking will keep trying.

If you need help learning the app, post your questions here, and we will be glad to assist you. It is very easy once you get the hang of it.

barbz09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Louisiana
do i have to create a login for every account? like capital one, citibank, etc?
and how do I generate a new password if I already have one? thanks

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
I've been using eWallet for years on various platforms and do like it but would find it hard to recommend at the moment. There are two versions; eWallet Pro and eWallet Go! The former is the more complete but still doesn't offer cloud sync across all clients - IOS does as does Windows but OS X doesn't at this time. The Go! version is a stripped down version but has had cloud syncing for ages now but again the OS X version doesn't auto sync, you need to manually backup or restore from the cloud.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
do i have to create a login for every account? like capital one, citibank, etc?
and how do I generate a new password if I already have one? thanks

It is a good idea to have a separate password for each site you use. The following link is the user guide for 1Password 5 for iOS 8, and will explain how to generate a password for each site.

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
It is a good idea to have a separate password for each site you use. The following link is the user guide for 1Password 5 for iOS 8, and will explain how to generate a password for each site.

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/

Once again, BasicGreatGuy comes through with a great post.

Can confirm, this is the way to do it :)

If you have any questions let me know, I'm happy to help however I can!

----------

well just installed 1password tried to open it to create a new vault and it crashed both times! I am on ios8, maybe I will try keeper, does it store your passwords off site?

If you're still having that crash let me know and we'll get a look into it.

infantrytrophy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
Another recommendation for 1Password, version 5. I use this on iPad Air, iPhone 6 and iMac (different apps for IOS and OSX). Very polished, works great and worth the price.

Note that these are "local" apps. The vaults are stored locally on each device, with sync to other devices through iCloud, Dropbox or wi-fi.

The IOS version works with fingerprint ID on IOS 8. The Mac version has a nice Safari extension (as well as Firefox and Chrome).

1Password is much more than a password keeper. It securely stores (in encrypted form) and organizes credit card data, drivers licenses, passports, membership data, typed-in notes and scanned files or picture files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.