Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Paul

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington DC
Hi all, I'm curious whether it is possible to set up the new family sharing to only share (and only make visible to others) selected items?

For example, I'd love to set it up to share music. But not apps, or at least, not all apps. (For example, I have a purchased app related to a health condition I have. For various reasons, I don't wish to make that app visible to some of the family members whom I would have as part of the family sharing.)

Is this possible? Can I individually choose which apps to share or not share? Or when it comes to things like sharing apps, is it an "all-or-nothing" affair?

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
Hi all, I'm curious whether it is possible to set up the new family sharing to only share (and only make visible to others) selected items?

I use iTunes to restrict movies to PG and below only. The kid can see all movies, but they're grayed out when he connects to my iTunes library, and can't play them. For music, all music with explicit lyrics is also grayed out. That way I'm not sharing my debit card with anyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.