Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookpro13

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
So yesterday I decided to make the switch from gmail to icloud so I could get better integration and push notifications. And also to just cut google out of the equation altogether, since I already use icloud for everything else. Would make things simpler.

So anyway, I set up my gmail account to forward everything to my icloud account. No problems there. All new mail now goes to icloud. I configured mail.app with my icloud account and copied over all my existing gmail to the icloud inbox and then deleted my google account from my mac. Worked perfectly, no issues. However, when I tried to do the same on my iphone mail app, weird things happen. For some reason my icloud inbox on the iphone is missing a lot of mail. Like everywhere (inbox, sent, trash, flagged). Just a lot of random mail not appearing. The strange thing is that the number of unread and total messages appears exactly the same as what the web app shows. Yet it clearly isn't the same.

Has anyone else had this issue? I would really appreciate the help.

bieber89

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
I am having the same issue. It appears from the Mail app on my iMac and from the iCloud webapp that all of the mail from gmail has transferred across okay, but when I set up the iCloud account on the iPhone it only syncs apparently random emails. I cannot get it to load more messages by refreshing.

I have tried to delete the account and start again and also restarting the iPhone, neither have worked. Interestingly, when I search for a message that does not appear in the Mail app on the iPhone I ultimately get the result and can read the email. It just doesn't appear in the inbox normally.

Have you found a solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.