Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guberjoey

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Day 7 still no email.

I just called target and they said they only had one 16gb for sprint. Makes me think if they ever got any AT&T ones but kept it for themselves or friends. If i was the first to preorder, I should've been notified right?

riggsforlunch

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
My boyfriend finally got his 6+ 64gb Space Gray AT&T. We were sixth and seventh to preorder on the first day.

I randomly called this morning to see if they were getting in any above 16gb and they said his had come in. He never got the email though.

I ordered a 6+ 128gb Gold AT&T and that hasn't shown up yet.

anthonybuck21

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
My boyfriend finally got his 6+ 64gb Space Gray AT&T. We were sixth and seventh to preorder on the first day.

I randomly called this morning to see if they were getting in any above 16gb and they said his had come in. He never got the email though.

I ordered a 6+ 128gb Gold AT&T and that hasn't shown up yet.

What city/state are you in?

hokeyplyr48

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
Still the 1st preorder at my store. Gave up on launch day and got mine from the Apple Store Saturday after launch.

Have yet to hear anything from target still... Lol just wow

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
In addition to receiving a call that my 64GB Plus was in on Friday, my e-mail finally showed up today. Atta Target.

r3ydium

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
So, I just got a call from Target as well that mine came in.

My issue is:

1. The store is upgrading their systems to support next, but this wont happen until the 1st (if that actually happens, then no big deal - I can wait)
2. I currently have an apple.com pre-order in the pipe. My dilemma: Do I cancel now to ensure my upgrade is reset in enough time, or do I sit on it until I know for sure Target can do NEXT. . . .

guberjoey

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
So, I just got a call from Target as well that mine came in.

My issue is:

1. The store is upgrading their systems to support next, but this wont happen until the 1st (if that actually happens, then no big deal - I can wait)
2. I currently have an apple.com pre-order in the pipe. My dilemma: Do I cancel now to ensure my upgrade is reset in enough time, or do I sit on it until I know for sure Target can do NEXT. . . .

Coming from experience (I use to project manage these launches), I would NOT cancel. Although this depends on when you expect to receive your order.

Typically cancelling orders is going to be a pain and with Apple only using a gateway interface into AT&T's systems, upgrade eligibility doesnt always reset when you cancel and you will expect some headaches.

Worst case scenario is that you cancel your order, but they make you wait until you receive the device (depending on shipping status i.e "shipped", "awaiting stock", "en route"), but then ship it back to return, wait a few days until they receive it to reset your upgrade eligibility. Depending on teh shipping status, you won't be able to cancel your order anyways and run through this process.

Target will be able to help you with AT&T Next no matter what. This means they will call AT&T to do it for them if they have to, while you are there.

BTW - what store/location are you at? I'm still waiting for my email in Redmond WA.

Murph1119

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
I signed up for the email alert on istocknow.com and got on the email alert for the apple stores in my area (Dallas). I got an email for the 6 plus grey 64g AT&T. I got an email today, went and picked it up form the Apple Store same day. I'm still waiting on my 6 plus from target. I was 1 on the list. I would check it out while you wait.

riggsforlunch

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
I signed up for the email alert on istocknow.com and got on the email alert for the apple stores in my area (Dallas). I got an email for the 6 plus grey 64g AT&T. I got an email today, went and picked it up form the Apple Store same day. I'm still waiting on my 6 plus from target. I was 1 on the list. I would check it out while you wait.

I did exactly the same thing. I gave up on Target. I can't believe how great istocknow.com worked. I got an email last night, went to the Apple Store online and there it was, the phone I wanted. Ordered it right away and I can pick it up at 10am today.

If your'e still waiting for Target, try istocknow.com. So simple. I'm just mad I didn't hear about it before yesterday.

KC0921

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
In addition to receiving a call that my 64GB Plus was in on Friday, my e-mail finally showed up today. Atta Target.

Congrats! Proof that at least they're getting SOMETHING. I ended up getting my phone straight from Apple retail...funny that I still never got an email from Target lol.

r3ydium

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Quick update:

Target is saying that can now do NEXT upgrades. I am heading over there to see if I can get my pre-ordered phone that arrived, and upgraded on NEXT.

I will let you know

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Space Greys supposedly are scarce. And Target seems to have alot of them in the pluses for all carriers. Still waiting for my email, however i was still able to get a plus at my local apple store on release day.

rxse7en

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Got it.

Local Target rep texted me on Monday to let me know it should be in today. We scheduled for 1pm. It was there when I arrived. He's also starting to get random phones for different carriers too.

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Still nothing but crickets for me. Hopefully soon. I was the first preorder at my store so it's hard to imagine they haven't gotten a single one in.

riggsforlunch

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Still nothing but crickets for me. Hopefully soon. I was the first preorder at my store so it's hard to imagine they haven't gotten a single one in.

Have you called? My boyfriend never got a call or email but his was in stock on the day I randomly called to check in.

r3ydium

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Here is some hopeful news for everyone:

All of my local targets are now performing att NEXT upgrades. Also it appears they are getting stock in to resolve their preorders.

Today I got my preordered 64GB space grey via next at target. There were a few issues that involved them calling att but they got it all worked out.

----------

I would try calling them.

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Have you called? My boyfriend never got a call or email but his was in stock on the day I randomly called to check in.

Okay thanks, I will!

----------

Here is some hopeful news for everyone:

All of my local targets are now performing att NEXT upgrades. Also it appears they are getting stock in to resolve their preorders.

Today I got my preordered 64GB space grey via next at target. There were a few issues that involved them calling att but they got it all worked out.

----------

I would try calling them.

Thanks for the info, and I will call!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.