Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
iPod classic disappear from Apple Store 2 days ago
iPod classic disappear from Amazon 1 day ago
Today all prices in most of the stores became 1.2-1.5x higher.

macintimeuk

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Very nice i have all of these too and all the phones and many many macs love it

----------

Hi all,

I've been meaning to post some pics of my collection for a while and finally got round to taking some today. At it's biggest I had about 19 but I decided to get rid of some of the duplicates so it now sits at 16 (The 4th Gen Nano is my brothers). The only iPod's that I would really like to add to my collection is the 5th Gen Video, U2 edition and a 1st Gen iPod Touch but I can't bring myself to spend the money lol.
I think i've got all of the accessories for the 1st Gen Shuffle, but if anyone can think of anymore please say. Cheers.

very very nice love it keep collecting

hsmithiii

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
Model M8737LL/A

Attachments

• 1411346741045.jpg
    1411346741045.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 162

HunterGather

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2008
I'm thinking of building a collection of classic ipods. I was cleaning up and took out my old broken 4th and 5th gen. I love my iPhones, but man, those old iPods were so awesome.

Just curious, do most of collecting care if the ipods actually work?
I think I just want to buy defective ipods just for displaying them.
It would definitely be cheaper on ebay for these.

But for those who do want them operational, do you load 'em up and play them in rotation?

nickwell

macrumors member
May 18, 2014
Sheffield
I'm thinking of building a collection of classic ipods. I was cleaning up and took out my old broken 4th and 5th gen. I love my iPhones, but man, those old iPods were so awesome.

Just curious, do most of collecting care if the ipods actually work?
I think I just want to buy defective ipods just for displaying them.
It would definitely be cheaper on ebay for these.

But for those who do want them operational, do you load 'em up and play them in rotation?

I just like collecting but usually keep them sealed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
I just bought an iPod Shuffle (4G, the square one) in blue today. I really wanted a new iDevice, mainly for media and thought an iPod Touch 5G would be over kill be a shuffle would be perfect for in the car and out and about to save my 5S battery. Really happy with it as well.

I have an iPod Nano, this one... iPod Nano 3G in Blue.

Don't have any others though. Not planning on collecting them either but I don't like them a lot!

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
found one of my old Nano's the other day, dusted it off, charged it up, and took it for a run...didn't even feel it in my pocket, it performed flawlessly. Now I just have to find my blue one!!!

These things were/are so beautiful. I had to get a picture!

10693803_599377620172467_1789994041_n.jpg

Reactions: venomgt95

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
Hey, collectors. Quick question: how much woud you be willing to pay for a sealed, brand new 30 GB iPod 5.5G?

potatotornado

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2014
20gb ipod photo U2

Hi, guys. I have a used and unmodified 20gb ipod photo u2 edition. Back and front have some light scratches and no dents, and the red clickwheel is pristine. Harddrive is error free, and the battery is still pretty strong.

I've been thinking of opening it up and replacing the black faceplate with a new one. Also, I want to replace the battery and upgrade the harddrive to a 128gb flash card.

My question is: Would it be worth more to do the modifications? Or should I just leave it as it is, unopened and unmodified?

I forgot to mention it also comes with the original box, manual, poster, and accessories.

nickwell

macrumors member
May 18, 2014
Sheffield
Hi, guys. I have a used and unmodified 20gb ipod photo u2 edition. Back and front have some light scratches, but no dents or any major cosmetic flaws. Harddrive is error free, and the battery is still pretty strong.

I've been thinking of opening it up and replacing the black faceplate with a new one. Also, I want to swap the battery for a new one and upgrade the harddrive to a 128gb flash card.

My question is: Would it be worth more to do the modifications? Or should I just leave it as it is, unopened and unmodified?

I forgot to mention it also comes with the original box, manual, and accessories.

I would personally leave it as it is :)

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
Hi, guys. I have a used and unmodified 20gb ipod photo u2 edition. Back and front have some light scratches and no dents, and the red clickwheel is pristine. Harddrive is error free, and the battery is still pretty strong.

I've been thinking of opening it up and replacing the black faceplate with a new one. Also, I want to replace the battery and upgrade the harddrive to a 128gb flash card.

I forgot to mention it also comes with the original box, manual, poster, and accessories.

If you know what you are doing, or are able to follow simple instructions, I don't see why you should be holding your horses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.