Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Hi,

Last weekend we went to NYC and wandered around and looked at all the sights.

Last night we were debating what order we saw things in and what roads we walked down.

I've done a few searches, but it seems to get bogged down with fitness apps. So I'm looking for a recommendation.

Is there an app that can track my GPS location as I walk around a city and make a map of the route that I took, even note where I stopped for periods of time, which I can then save to my computer?

Thanks

omro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Awesome, thanks. Is it worth the money?

Does it allow you to export your track to something like google or apple maps?

Does it kill your battery life?

DFW Bill

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
For my use, the app is worth the cost. I suggest using the app and becoming familiar with it's features before making any in-app purchases.

The developer recommends leaving your iPhone connected to power when used at the highest gps settings. You may find this necessary at lower gps settings of the app.

It is easy to share tracks with others who have the GPS Tracks app. I have not tried to export to google maps or apple maps. You can export tracks to Google Earth and Google Maps Engine then share maps generated by these programs, but this is not as simple of a process.

The developer provides excellent support if you experience difficulty.

Look at the other user reviews in the App Store.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.