Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
I'm not a case person. i had no case on my iPhone 5 but it was pretty beat up by the time i got my iPhone 6. i really like the sleek design of the leather case and the midnight blue paired with my silver iPhone 6 looks great.

I pre-ordered the red leather case on best buy.com as they weren't available until Oct. 5th. No apple store near me and best buy has them @ $39.99, so $5 cheaper than apple i believe. I went in yesterday to buy my wife a Samsung EVO 840 SSD and they had their stock in of cases (none for the 6 Plus). All colors were available but i took the last midnight blue. I'll be returning the red once it comes in, it does look very washed out. not really red, more of a light red.

the buttons are pretty responsive and once the leather breaks in, they should feel normal.

Here's some photos i took. It looks and smells good!

apple leather case for iPhone 6 by Yanki01, on Flickr

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Just bought the same one. Love it. I had the black leather on my 5S. This is nice and dark.

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
I'm not a case person. i had no case on my iPhone 5 but it was pretty beat up by the time i got my iPhone 6. i really like the sleek design of the leather case and the midnight blue paired with my silver iPhone 6 looks great.

I pre-ordered the red leather case on best buy.com as they weren't available until Oct. 5th. No apple store near me and best buy has them @ $39.99, so $5 cheaper than apple i believe. I went in yesterday to buy my wife a Samsung EVO 840 SSD and they had their stock in of cases (none for the 6 Plus). All colors were available but i took the last midnight blue. I'll be returning the red once it comes in, it does look very washed out. not really red, more of a light red.

the buttons are pretty responsive and once the leather breaks in, they should feel normal.

Here's some photos i took. It looks and smells good!

[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3926/15195648379_b8188f4cc9_c.jpg]Image[/url]

[url=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2948/15359374336_175e73a978_c.jpg]Image[/url]

[url=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2948/15195646419_24da3f73f7_c.jpg]Image[/url]

[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3870/15359377216_c91ae6ffb7_c.jpg]Image[/url]

Thank you. I am most likely getting this set up and these pics just sold me. Going to Apple Store tomorrow.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I was really turned off by the design of the iPhone 6/plus cases by Apple. But I've been watching plenty of reviews and I see how they rounded the corners at the bottom for drop protection. It's really starting to grow on me and I may get a black leather one when I go get my 6 plus. I'm just waiting on Moshi screen protectors now

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
Very sharp. Very minimal yet very sophisticated look. I just wish they had closed the bottom up somehow.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Looks very nice. I may have to exchange my olive brown for midnight blue for my space gray iphone 6. Olive brown looks nice and elegant, but the midnight blue looks stealth!

Just curious, so your local Best Buy had the leather cases in stock? bestbuy.com shows the midnight blue coming soon, not even available for preorder or store pickup. I am going to call my local Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile store this morning to see if they have stock.

Last edited:

OldGreyGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2014
Near Brisbane, Australia
Exactly!

I have a Black 4S and I have been thinking of upgrading to exactly this combination. Silver iPhone 6 with the Midnight Blue leather case.

Thanks for the photos, this is exactly the example I was looking for. :)

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
Looks very nice. I may have to exchange my olive brown for midnight blue for my space gray iphone 6. Olive brown looks nice and elegant, but the midnight blue looks stealth!

Just curious, so your local Best Buy had the leather cases in stock? bestbuy.com shows the midnight blue coming soon, not even available for preorder or store pickup. I am going to call my local Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile store this morning to see if they have stock.

My local Best Buy had most of the colors in stock yesterday, although their website still said pre-order. I bet you'll find one.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
thanks everyone. i'm really liking the case. again, i'm not a case person but this one adds minimal bulk and also adds grip. the design of this iPhone 6/6 Plus is just made to be slipping out of hands like it has with me. i'm glad I went this route.

the buttons still "click" even with the case. not mushy at all. very responsive.

I don't have an apple store in my city so that's the reason I pre-ordered it online through bestbuy's website. i still have an ETA of Oct. 5th as the delivery date but my local store has them in stock already.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Very sharp. Very minimal yet very sophisticated look. I just wish they had closed the bottom up somehow.

Leaving the bottom open means the case can easily be used with any speaker dock. No need for wobbly lightning extenders which often detach with the phone and then get put somewhere and lost.

Attachments

• usbfever-lightning-extender-100225987-medium.png
    usbfever-lightning-extender-100225987-medium.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 4,361

TaylorBoi

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
I originally copped the Brown leather case for the 6+ but ended up exchanging it for this one instead. The Navy blue on white looks really good! Good pics btw

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I checked with 3 local stores and a best buy mobile store. No dice. I have a $10 best buy rewards certificate that expires on 10/18, so I have some time.

My local Best Buy had most of the colors in stock yesterday, although their website still said pre-order. I bet you'll find one.

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
Leaving the bottom open means the case can easily be used with any speaker dock. No need for wobbly lightning extenders which often detach with the phone and then get put somewhere and lost.

Yeah, I get it, but they didn't make a dock. Would be odd to design a product around what someone else might make for it... or not.

I might still check them out... just not as "instant buy" for me than if the bottom had some protection from scratches and nicks too.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
case looks nice, just as with the 5S cases. I'm concerned how it will hold up over time.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Yeah, I get it, but they didn't make a dock. Would be odd to design a product around what someone else might make for it... or not.

It's not a question of might. There are plenty of lightning speaker docks around. They started appearing right after the iPhone 5 arrived. I have a couple at home and they all work perfectly with this case.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
My midnight blue for my gold 6 + is much darker than your pics - wish it was that color in reality! My buttons work perfectly and the case fits like a glove. Already has a few scuffs, though, and I just got it on Friday. My guess it will get that lived-in look quickly. I did treat with Lexol leather conditioner before using so it smells great, too, and hopefully resists stains.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
My midnight blue for my gold 6 + is much darker than your pics - wish it was that color in reality! My buttons work perfectly and the case fits like a glove. Already has a few scuffs, though, and I just got it on Friday. My guess it will get that lived-in look quickly. I did treat with Lexol leather conditioner before using so it smells great, too, and hopefully resists stains.

Mine too. Mine is almost black now, a week later. I think i'll take it back tomorrow.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Just received my midnight blue leather case and freaking love it! Doesn't add much bulk compared to the Spigen case I have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.