Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty Dont

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2012

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Just finished giving her a bath.

XCiu4Ti.jpg

The "scratch" on the door is actually a reflection, not a scratch. Didn't notice it until just now.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I really love the looks of the new Corolla. I also applaud you for going with the manual transmission!

When it was unveiled in 2013, I knew I had to buy one. I was in the phase of going away from what I usually buy (BMW) and really wanted to get into a Toyota or Honda. Something good on gas and reliable.

Finding a 6 speed manual transmission was very difficult! Every 70 seconds, a new Corolla rolls off the assembly line. Yet, dealers at the most had 1 on their lot and some had zero (Manual transmission Corollas).

Ultimately, it worked out extremely well. I got a fully loaded, S PLUS. I got the color that I wanted and I didn't have to travel far to get it. I actually bought my car from the dealer literally down the street from me :eek:.

Everyone that sits inside it calls it a 'Mini Lexus'. This is not your fathers Corolla. They really did a great job with it. ;)

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
When it was unveiled in 2013, I knew I had to buy one. I was in the phase of going away from what I usually buy (BMW) and really wanted to get into a Toyota or Honda. Something good on gas and reliable.

Finding a 6 speed manual transmission was very difficult! Every 70 seconds, a new Corolla rolls off the assembly line. Yet, dealers at the most had 1 on their lot and some had zero (Manual transmission Corollas).

Ultimately, it worked out extremely well. I got a fully loaded, S PLUS. I got the color that I wanted and I didn't have to travel far to get it. I actually bought my car from the dealer literally down the street from me :eek:.

Everyone that sits inside it calls it a 'Mini Lexus'. This is not your fathers Corolla. They really did a great job with it. ;)

Very nice! It's kind of sad that the manual transmission models are so hard to find... I'm glad that they still sell them though.

I drove a 2011 Corolla for about a year and I did not like it at all. It felt extremely cheap. I'm glad that Toyota went "up-market" in terms of quality and looks with this Corolla.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Very nice! It's kind of sad that the manual transmission models are so hard to find... I'm glad that they still sell them though.

I drove a 2011 Corolla for about a year and I did not like it at all. It felt extremely cheap. I'm glad that Toyota went "up-market" in terms of quality and looks with this Corolla.

Unfortunately, across the board, manual transmissions are going the way of the dodo bird. That being said, I too am glad they still officially make them, even though finding them is a btch!

The 2014 re design is ALOT better than all previous generations.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Unfortunately, across the board, manual transmissions are going the way of the dodo bird. That being said, I too am glad they still officially make them, even though finding them is a btch!

The 2014 re design is ALOT better than all previous generations.

Manual transmission for life! I don't know what I'd do with out one! :)

I sometimes wish Toyota would bring out a Mazdaspeed 3 / WRX / Focus ST competitor with a TRD Corolla or something.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California

I sometimes wish Toyota would bring out a Mazdaspeed 3 / WRX / Focus ST competitor with a TRD Corolla or something.

That would be sweet! But, don't know how well it would sell. I'd say Toyota knows its buyers pretty well and for the most part, I think it's all about cost and reliability for Corolla buyers...

I hope they don't kill the manual transmission off.. I'm 26 and so I'm still fairly young. I'd love to be able to keep buying manual transmission cars for life..

rmitchell248

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2010
Liebsthal, Germany
Got her for a steal but its going to take a lot of work and money to get this her back on the road. Starting to feel the strain of Ferrari parts on my wallet, $2500 in parts just for the major service and replacing old rubber lines. After that I have to get rid of the old TRX rims and tires.

its about time we see a Ferrari in here ;-) Looks like a fun project

rmitchell248

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2010
Liebsthal, Germany
its about time we see a Ferrari in here ;-) Looks like a fun project

I tried to upload a photo of mine but the upload manager is not working for me!

----------

I have cars with both manual and dual clutch and its really a toss up between the two. Different days I will enjoy each equally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.