Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
any chance us unlucky ones will get this any earlier?

what do you guys think?

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
any chance us unlucky ones will get this any earlier?

what do you guys think?

I'm hoping my October 21st date can be bumped up. If not we "late bloomers" may have the option of buying locally before then and canceling our pre-orders. The reps at my Verizon store said that even though I'd ordered after 10 AM EST on 9/12 I would still get my iPhone when everybody else got their first wave phones. Sounds like bull to me, especially considering the shipping/delivery date I received, but who knows? I'm hopeful but not optimistic.

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
It would be a pleasant surprise if they did, but i'm not holding out much hope for it to happen.

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Sure, why not. Returns, cancellations or maybe just their shipping estimate is off. Stay positive.

xLoGiK1

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm hoping we get them earlier as well. Pretty optimistic we will though. Their delivery estimates seem to be "worst case scenario"

akhilleus

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2014
I doubt it'll be weeks early, but I'd imagine most people will get them closer to the 13th than the 20th. And if you should be so lucky, maybe a day or two before the 13th. Be patient, those of you in the second wave. It'll be an arduous wait for most of you, but it might end up being worth the wait once you see how other people react and if there's any bugs that need to be sorted out.

lls4f

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
United States
I'm in this boat (64gb 6+ gold ordered on 9/12 around 8am EDT). I suspect the date range is indeed a worst case and we will get them soon. I suspect we could see some activity at the end of Sept/first few days of October. Any sooner than that seems unrealistic to me with the constrained supplies of 6+. I think a lot of people in this time window will also play the in store reservation game if that becomes an option, and as people cancel preorders, that can only help those of us sticking around.

Alchematron

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2007
Maui Hawaii
I pre-ordered on the 12th and my ship date is between November 9 - 27 :eek:

And you guys thought you have problems :rolleyes:

I've been waiting 7 years for a larger screen. 2 1/2 months is nothing :cool:

Jane333

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Michigan USA
Status changed, prep to ship now! Goodluck to everybody for status change tonight or tomorrow.

me, too! I ordered att 64gb gold att 6+ from apple.com on 9-13 at 8 am est.

almost canceled my order last night because I saw there was a 128 gb available at the local apple store - was afraid if I canceled the phone would be gone before my upgrade eligibility was restored. glad I waited! now at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I was a Oct 13-21 shipping person, and I should be getting mine tomorrow. It just left Kentucky after it's import scan, caught the 4:07PM EST flight to LAX here in So Cal. I am stoked, two weeks early basically. Me and some other guys in other threads here in Cali, we seem to be all on the flight based on the posts I have read...

Oh and

Ordered 9/12 at 4:30 AM PST
AT&T 64GB SLATE GREY
6 PLUS

So maybe you all will get yours sooner!

Jane333

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Michigan USA
I was a Oct 13-21 shipping person, and I should be getting mine tomorrow. It just left Kentucky after it's import scan, caught the 4:07PM EST flight to LAX here in So Cal. I am stoked, two weeks early basically. Me and some other guys in other threads here in Cali, we seem to be all on the flight based on the posts I have read...

Oh and

Ordered 9/12 at 4:30 AM PST
AT&T 64GB SLATE GREY
6 PLUS

So maybe you all will get yours sooner!

Lucky you! I think anyone whose status did not change to shipped before 9-30-14 will have to keep waiting due to National Day. But, we should ship next week and get our phones on the original scheduled time table.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.