Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kl323

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2010
I feel like the 6 wasn't remotely worth preordering and it sucks because there was no way to know that before hand.

It's in stock everywhere near me.

Yup. Too late to regret now. I also had to order online because I have VZW and trying to keep my unlimited. I thought it'd be hard to score one from BB or Costco, but guess I was wrong.

kesmith

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2013
Welp, here is where I am

Hopefully I can get fedex to reroute since I will be out of town.

Setting the intention that for the Oct 17-24 group that we get a October 10th shipping date.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 57

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Does anyone know ANYONE who received their 6 or 6+ WITHOUT having the tracking updated beyond a certain point?

My 6+ is probably at the track betting on horses in Kentucky. It's been MIA for three days yet is supposed to show up at my California home Thursday.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Same here Dave. I'm hoping that I get an email confirmation by at least next Tuesday as well. This is insane. Even though we have later shipping dates yet others with the same dates have theirs on the way already. I hate being so wrapped up in it. I just can't help it. Haha.

Same here man, it's just frustrating when your device has no movement. There's people who ordered on the same day as us and have received their phones already.

----------

Mine was originally scheduled 10/13 - 10/20 so I was happy to see a notification that my shipment was on its way like two weeks early. But now it's just been sitting in China for 5 days! They teased me with early shipment, but now it's driving me crazy seeing no progress from UPS... ARRRGGGHH!!!!

Dude at least yours is moving. Imagine now getting charged or anything. Makes me wonder if my order is even going to make 10/14 - 10/21.

mioshe323

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
I received an email for UPS My Choice saying I have a scheduled delivery for tomorrow (in eastern PA).

But when I track online, it still says delivery date of Friday 10/3. My phone just left Korea, so I find it hard to believe it will arrive in PA tomorrow.

Anybody else get a My Choice email with a date that differs than what is showing in their current tracking update?

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Does anyone know ANYONE who received their 6 or 6+ WITHOUT having the tracking updated beyond a certain point?

My 6+ is probably at the track betting on horses in Kentucky. It's been MIA for three days yet is supposed to show up at my California home Thursday.

Yeah, I met him. He said have a nice life, he's good without you. He belongs on the range, in the open wild.

Also, a horse bent him out of shape.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
14 days - ordered on the 12th (3:30 am Pacific time); shipped on the 26th. Stayed in China for four days then within 24 hours landed in Kentucky via Shanghai and Anchorage. And there it's stayed since Sunday morning.

Daoyee

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
Shipping Delayed again

In 48 hours my shipping date has changed twice. For a week and a half, my delivery date was Thursday the 2nd. Last night it changed to Friday. Now it is Monday. Apparently, it is hard to get things out of China. The iPhone 5 was the same deal. The delivery date for the 5 was 2 weeks delayed.

I had hoped that switching shippers would solve the delay problem. Apparently not. I am only begging for an earlier shipment because my current iPhone needs a battery transplant. Trying to delay that procedure.

:eek:

Peter Kim

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2003
New York, NY
I received an email for UPS My Choice saying I have a scheduled delivery for tomorrow (in eastern PA).

But when I track online, it still says delivery date of Friday 10/3. My phone just left Korea, so I find it hard to believe it will arrive in PA tomorrow.

Anybody else get a My Choice email with a date that differs than what is showing in their current tracking update?

My delivery date has been hard to nail down apparently. Original delivery window was 10/8-10/13. Then said 10/3. Then changed to 10/1. Then changed to 10/2. And now it says 10/3. Got the email last night saying it's delivering 10/1, still says 10/3 on ups.com, but says 10/1 on the UPS My Choice mobile website.

I have no idea what's happening anymore.

zunexapple

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
Chicago
In 48 hours my shipping date has changed twice. For a week and a half, my delivery date was Thursday the 2nd. Last night it changed to Friday. Now it is Monday. Apparently, it is hard to get things out of China. The iPhone 5 was the same deal. The delivery date for the 5 was 2 weeks delayed.

I had hoped that switching shippers would solve the delay problem. Apparently not. I am only begging for an earlier shipment because my current iPhone needs a battery transplant. Trying to delay that procedure.

:eek:

getting real worried now, Chinese national day just started and every will be slowed down, even the customs:(

musiddiqui

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2010
I got an email from UPS my choice today which said my iPhone 6 will be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday 10/01). Checked UPS tracking just now and this is what it says:

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Friday, 10/03/2014, By End of Day
Last Location:
Departed - Incheon, Korea, Republic of, Wednesday, 10/01/2014

Incheon, Korea, Republic of 10/01/2014 12:26 A.M. Departure Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 09/30/2014 7:25 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/30/2014 5:15 P.M. Departure Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 09/29/2014 8:30 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/29/2014 6:00 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/25/2014 10:00 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/25/2014 9:00 P.M. Departure Scan
09/25/2014 7:47 P.M. Location Scan
09/25/2014 11:05 A.M. Origin Scan
China 09/25/2014 1:25 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Last edited:

Daoyee

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
I ordered mine on the 12th at 6am. Received shipping notification on the 25th. Stayed in China for 3 days. Delivery date changed to the 2nd. Then to the 6th. Finally departed China today.

14 days - ordered on the 12th (3:30 am Pacific time); shipped on the 26th. Stayed in China for four days then within 24 hours landed in Kentucky via Shanghai and Anchorage. And there it's stayed since Sunday morning.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
My theory

I think they have to get those of you who have been languishing in Louisville out of Louisville BEFORE the can get those of us who have been sitting in Anchorage since 1:25pm yesterday afternoon, on a flight to Louisville. AND once they get all of us out of Anchorage, they can call in the flights from Japan, and Korea etc. I think they're struggling with the logistics of how to manage (in an orderly manner whatever that means) the push to get the phones out of China means phones are out but not moving anywhere. Just checked and it's over 600 miles from Louisville to Washington DC so whether they'll truck the phones to various locations, or fly them from Louisville to say Philadelphia where they have a hub and then truck them to NYC, PA, Washington DC, MD, VA, I can't guess - but I really hope those of you in Louisville are moved soon so that those of us in Anchorage can get to Louisville and those in Asia get to Anchorage etc etc.

Daoyee

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
My delivery date has been hard to nail down apparently. Original delivery window was 10/8-10/13. Then said 10/3. Then changed to 10/1. Then changed to 10/2. And now it says 10/3. Got the email last night saying it's delivering 10/1, still says 10/3 on ups.com, but says 10/1 on the UPS My Choice mobile website.

I have no idea what's happening anymore.

At least your date is getting sooner. Mine keeps getting later.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I think they have to get those of you who have been languishing in Louisville out of Louisville BEFORE the can get those of us who have been sitting in Anchorage since 1:25pm yesterday afternoon, on a flight to Louisville. AND once they get all of us out of Anchorage, they can call in the flights from Japan, and Korea etc. I think they're struggling with the logistics of how to manage (in an orderly manner whatever that means) the push to get the phones out of China means phones are out but not moving anywhere. Just checked and it's over 600 miles from Louisville to Washington DC so whether they'll truck the phones to various locations, or fly them from Louisville to say Philadelphia where they have a hub and then truck them to NYC, PA, Washington DC, MD, VA, I can't guess - but I really hope those of you in Louisville are moved soon so that those of us in Anchorage can get to Louisville and those in Asia get to Anchorage etc etc.

This sounds like a probable scenario - a log jam. I'm watching the delivery date on my 6+ very closely. So far it's stayed 10/2. I know it can get here within 24 hours from Kentucky, but that window is getting tighter.

lockerc18

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2012
Screwed by Apple

Rant time...

I had a 6+ 64GB SG VZW on order, due to ship Oct 20-27. Note the word "had".

I noticed today that there was a 128GB model available at the local Apple store. I say "local", but that's an hour away. I called them about it, and they said, oh yes, we do have that one available here. And I said, OK, I have a 64GB model on order but that's way out in time. Is there a way I can get that order changed to the one you have, like, can I point my existing order to the one you have so I can come pick it up today? And she said, yes, you can do that. And I asked her again, so I can change my order like this and you will reserve the phone for me today? And she said, oh, yes. Then she said, but I will need to transfer you to the sales people so they can actually change your order. And I said, OK.

I get the sales guy on the line and told him about all this, and he said, oh, no, you can't just change your order like that. You have to cancel your existing order and submit a new one, and choose your local store for pickup. And I said, but how can I make sure that the phone they have will be held for me while I'm doing that? And he said, oh, you can't. And we wrestled back and forth about it. I told him I didn't want to cancel my order and NOT be able to get the one the store had, and end up having to resubmit a NEW order and get bumped back into a November delivery. Well, mumble mumble, he said. It's my choice to take that risk.

So, hoping that the phone would still be around, I cancelled my order to get my discount / upgrade subsidy restored, and went through the Apple site to order the phone, and when I got to the part about selecting the store for pickup, it said NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS STORE. So the sales guy called the store to see what happened, and they had given a reservation to someone else for the phone. He then told me that if I wanted the phone to be RESERVED for me, I had to go to the store and stand in line to get the reservation, so sorry.

So I told him, to heck with this noise, and I ordered through VZW, and went with Edge this time to save a couple (and that was it) bucks, and ended up getting bumped back to 11/7 for my troubles.

The Apple guy did offer me a case or other accessory to make up for this, but I told him I already had a case, and wanted an earlier delivery date on the new phone instead. And he said, sorry, no can do.

There is a word for these Apple idiots. Oh, I just used it.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

audiophile21

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
North Dakota
Here's to hoping my 6+ will be on UPS61 out of Anchorage. It appears to be the last one to depart for Louisville today. Still a scheduled delivery of 10/2. Phone has been sitting in Anchorage since yesterday at 1:25pm local time. :confused:

CLICKEDUP

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
Wow i feel extremely lucky due to the fact i ordered my iphone 6 plus on Sept 25th at 10pm at night and it was shipped on 9/27! expected delivery date of 10/3

nohite

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2008
same boat

Why am i the only one who had a Shanghai checkin at 9/27 at 9:25 pm that hasnt left Shanghai yet?? Still have a 10/2 delivery date.:mad:

you are not the only one. same here, 64g 6+ SG, ordered on 9/12 after 8AM EDT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.