Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Visionblue

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Hello All

I was trying to find a way to make a backup image of my N7 like how Apple does back ups for iProducts (and also to do this without rooting).

I know of the different methods for backing up app data and user settings, etc and I do those backups with Carbon and the Google sync, but I would prefer to have an exact backup image with all of my home screens, app data, etc saved in one place.

I found a few options for PC but none for OS X. Does anyone know if a service like this exists?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Hello All

I was trying to find a way to make a backup image of my N7 like how Apple does back ups for iProducts (and also to do this without rooting).

I know of the different methods for backing up app data and user settings, etc and I do those backups with Carbon and the Google sync, but I would prefer to have an exact backup image with all of my home screens, app data, etc saved in one place.

I found a few options for PC but none for OS X. Does anyone know if a service like this exists?

You need root and ROM manager. Takes a snapshot of the entire phone like iOS does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.