Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infernohellion

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2006
København
One handed navigation within the OS itself is pretty easy thanks to reachability but typing one-handed is so difficult and awkward that I ended up having to let go of my dear life (not holding handrails on trains) and type two-handed.

Is it only me who would love to see an option for users to quickly shrink the size of the iOS keyboard and to have it stick to one of the sides (left or right depending on your preference) so you can type quickly with one hand?

Apple has done it before on the iPad where you can swipe apart the keyboard to break it into two pieces for two-handed thumb typing.

What do you think? Or has there already been a solution to this issue?

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
I am using swype since you don't have to lift and tap each finger. Don't know about your preferences though.

----------

One handed navigation within the OS itself is pretty easy thanks to reachability but typing one-handed is so difficult and awkward that I ended up having to let go of my dear life (not holding handrails on trains) and type two-handed.

Is it only me who would love to see an option for users to quickly shrink the size of the iOS keyboard and to have it stick to one of the sides (left or right depending on your preference) so you can type quickly with one hand?

Apple has done it before on the iPad where you can swipe apart the keyboard to break it into two pieces for two-handed thumb typing.

What do you think? Or has there already been a solution to this issue?

Very quote. Much notification. So simply forgot to quote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.