Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lina231

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Hi Everyone,
So after having my macbook air for about a year and a half I decided today to purchase an iMac. It is so much easier to do a lot of my school work on the desktop at home then it is on my macbook. However, I am so used to the trackpad that I am struggling with the Magic Mouse...sort of...I have most of the gestures down except for the gesture to go back and fourth between pages (such as webpages, like on a trackpad). I just wanted to make sure that the mouse does in fact have this capability and that my mouse isn't malfunctioning.

I am doing the normal motion to go in-between pages, and although it pulls the page it does not go to the previous page. Is there a certain trick to it?:eek:

Thanks ahead of time.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Same as the trackpad, only just using 1 finger. Make sure you have all the desired gestures enabled in SystemPreferences/Mouse. You also might like the Apple wireless Trackpad with your iMac ... I like using both as they each have their advantages with certain activities. Plus, when just surfing through the forums here, I can lean back in my chair with the Trackpad in my lap and navigate in comfort.

Enjoy your new iMac!

lina231

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Same as the trackpad, only just using 1 finger. Make sure you have all the desired gestures enabled in SystemPreferences/Mouse. You also might like the Apple wireless Trackpad with your iMac ... I like using both as they each have their advantages with certain activities. Plus, when just surfing through the forums here, I can lean back in my chair with the Trackpad in my lap and navigate in comfort.

Enjoy your new iMac!

Thank you so much! I didn't have it enabled under the mouse preferences, but now I do and it works fantastically!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.