Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Yeah, almost every major credit card (and some debit cards) carrying the visa\mastercard cover you for 3 or 6 months. If nothing else, they'll cover a return policy extension. It's a pain to file a claim and go through the process, but that's a benefit of a CC, so might as well use it.

Yeah one of the main reason I moved from a Gold to a Platinum card was for the 10x increase in coverage from $1,000 to $10,000 per incident.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Wait, so the bank (some of them) offer free of charge insurance for 90 days? I'am glad that for the OP everything worked out so nicely but I just find it hard to believe that bank would just willingly cover the damages for anyone who damaged their purchased product by their own fault within 90 days. Some could do a drop test then and force the bank bank to sponsor it... lol. Am I getting this right?

repentix

macrumors regular
May 26, 2013
Wait, so the bank (some of them) offer free of charge insurance for 90 days? I'am glad that for the OP everything worked out so nicely but I just find it hard to believe that bank would just willingly cover the damages for anyone who damaged their purchased product by their own fault within 90 days. Some could do a drop test then and force the bank bank to sponsor it... lol. Am I getting this right?

Well now I know how Techrax does it!

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada

this is in no way the same,

but i recently went on a trip and had my flight delayed and my credit card company apparently covered me for 250$ per person per day of delay , we ended up getting a hotel for8 hours of sleep and several meals for free.

i was amazed and learned a lesson , always check to see what your credit card coverage is and what options you can get on cards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.