Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMac36

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Hi, I have been searching for months, for answers to an error code that has revealed itself. I have been told it is a sensor fault but they did not know what the rest of the code meant and said that this part would say what sensor it was, here is the code:
4SNS/1/40000001: IDSR-0.000

I have asked on other forums but never seem to get any answers.

Can someone please help with this error code, it is doing my head in. I think that IDSR is the sensor thats at fault, just don't know what IDSR stands for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated*:apple::confused:

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Hi, I have been searching for months, for answers to an error code that has revealed itself. I have been told it is a sensor fault but they did not know what the rest of the code meant and said that this part would say what sensor it was, here is the code:

Can someone please help with this error code, it is doing my head in. I think that IDSR is the sensor thats at fault, just don't know what IDSR stands for.

This would be simple to solve if you would call an AASP and ask them, only Apple and AASP has the list of what each code means. However my suggestion is just take the thing into an AASP, provide them with the code and to give you a quote.

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California

There are forums and then there is the manufacturer.

Have you put the question to Apple Technical Support?

If not, why not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.