Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
Bah! I dont buy that because they have the candyshells for the plus but they're "inked".

Exactly. I'm also wondering why Speck thought it would be such a great idea to release those horrible Inked versions before any regular CandyShells. I just don't understand it at all....such a poor business choice.

Knightshade

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
I hope they make a pixel skin HD case for the 6+. I love that case.

This.

It's the perfect case to me, doesn't add significant bulk, outstanding grip, nice lip for lay-flat protection

Had one on my 4, had one on my 5, would love to have one on my 6+ but no indication they'll be making them for this generation at all so far :mad:

I even emailed em about a week ago to ask and just got a generic type response about how they hadn't announced anything regarding the Pixelskin HD for the 6 models, but hey, come look at all the OTHER cases they HAVE announced!

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
This.

It's the perfect case to me, doesn't add significant bulk, outstanding grip, nice lip for lay-flat protection

Had one on my 4, had one on my 5, would love to have one on my 6+ but no indication they'll be making them for this generation at all so far :mad:

I even emailed em about a week ago to ask and just got a generic type response about how they hadn't announced anything regarding the Pixelskin HD for the 6 models, but hey, come look at all the OTHER cases they HAVE announced!

Since they just announced new cases for the iPhone 5c, I hope they will come out with more cases for 6+. Even though I'm getting a 6, I was really surprised by the lack of cases for the 6+.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Yep - I'm another one waiting for a Speck Candyshell for 6 Plus. Those inked versions are hideous! Don't know why they decided to go with those first before the "normal" colored Candyshells. Seems like a poor business decision.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Locally most stores are out of all the candy shells and just wish Best Buy can get those exclusive MightyShell cases in stock.

smileycon

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
Yep - I'm another one waiting for a Speck Candyshell for 6 Plus. Those inked versions are hideous! Don't know why they decided to go with those first before the "normal" colored Candyshells. Seems like a poor business decision.

Totally agree with that.

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
Totally agree with that.

Agreed as well. I've been complaining about this since Speck put up on their website their cases for the 6+. Nobody else was saying the same thing as me so I was starting to wonder if my tastes were messed up or something, and somehow gaudy and hideous were now the "in" thing. Glad to see I'm sane after all. lol

BDoggPrelude

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado
I will be ordering a Speck CandyShell Card case for my wife's 6 once they become available. I've had CandyShell cases in the past but I'm definitely not going to get one for my 6+ until they make one that does NOT have pink on it. No idea why they decided to only do the inked versions for the 6+ initially.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.