Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
I have an iPod Touch 5th with the IOS8 update. I am trying to keep the ipod clean and not link my contacts in the icloud.

But after looking and looking, cant find a way to add a way to add a contact in contacts. No plus sign appears in contacts at the top of the screen.

The only way I have been able to add contact is to imessage or facetime the ipod and then add the contact.

Is there something I am missing?

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
I have an iPod Touch 5th with the IOS8 update. I am trying to keep the ipod clean and not link my contacts in the icloud.

But after looking and looking, cant find a way to add a way to add a contact in contacts. No plus sign appears in contacts at the top of the screen.

The only way I have been able to add contact is to imessage or facetime the ipod and then add the contact.

Is there something I am missing?

Open Contacts App > select the + in upper right corner.

eta: glossed right over "No plus sign appears in contacts at the top of the screen."

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Yea, no plus in the right hand corner, also just noticed no edit existing contacts when I select them.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Yea, no plus in the right hand corner, also just noticed no edit existing contacts when I select them.

Do you have an accounts linked to your Contacts? (Settings/Mail Contacts/Calendars - check for the word, "Contacts" under Accounts)
How about any Restrictions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.