Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
This is why I don't buy from Lifeproof anymore. Look at how many other great iPhone 6/+ cases came out already, some even BEFORE launch day. And Lifeproof is stuck in yonder year and always will be. To me they are overpriced junk. My estimate is that they'll start pre-orders next year and guess what they'll probably sell out, then you gotta wait more and more lol what a ripoff!

Do you have links to some good cases? I have searched, but haven't found any near the quality of otterbox or lifeproof. I have seen some that were more bulky and have weird edges putruding from the back or the sides, but nothing like the quality of the formentioned companies.

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Do you have links to some good cases? I have searched, but haven't found any near the quality of otterbox or lifeproof. I have seen some that were more bulky and have weird edges putruding from the back or the sides, but nothing like the quality of the formentioned companies.

I'll take Seidio or Spigen any day over those two crappy companies.

Seekcraftbeer

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
You guys impatient much? Or have any clue about case development?

Lifeproof did not get their hands on the IP6/IP6+ until the day of the announcement. Do you really think they will be able to make a successful waterproof case in less than 2-3 weeks? Cases of this standard need weeks and weeks of testing to ensure water leakage does not damage our beloved devices. You people bitching that you want these ASAP would be the first in line to shake your fist when the case would leak because it was rushed.

We actually had a conference call with them today, as my customer is getting impatient as well. For distribution, we were told they would not be available till the middle/end of November. Retail should be a week or two before.

Disclaimer - do not work for Otter/Lifeproof, but sell enough that I have a bit of an inside track. A lot of good, passionate people work for them, do not fault them for taking their time to launch the best product they can.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
This is why I don't buy from Lifeproof anymore. Look at how many other great iPhone 6/+ cases came out already, some even BEFORE launch day. And Lifeproof is stuck in yonder year and always will be. To me they are overpriced junk. My estimate is that they'll start pre-orders next year and guess what they'll probably sell out, then you gotta wait more and more lol what a ripoff!

I can think of two GREAT cases that were ready for launch, and both were made by Apple. The rest have been good to terrible. Spigen crapped out a bunch of inferior cases in order to meet the launch date, and many other companies have cases that fit poorly (especially on the 6+). All the quality case makers I can think of didn't have cases ready on launch day, and most of them still don't have cases for the 6+ available. If you just want something that covers the phone, you can find plenty of cases. If you want something that really fits the phone and offers good looks, protection, and ergonomics, you have to wait a bit after a big redesign.

You guys impatient much? Or have any clue about case development?

Lifeproof did not get their hands on the IP6/IP6+ until the day of the announcement. Do you really think they will be able to make a successful waterproof case in less than 2-3 weeks? Cases of this standard need weeks and weeks of testing to ensure water leakage does not damage our beloved devices. You people bitching that you want these ASAP would be the first in line to shake your fist when the case would leak because it was rushed.

We actually had a conference call with them today, as my customer is getting impatient as well. For distribution, we were told they would not be available till the middle/end of November. Retail should be a week or two before.

Disclaimer - do not work for Otter/Lifeproof, but sell enough that I have a bit of an inside track. A lot of good, passionate people work for them, do not fault them for taking their time to launch the best product they can.

I would rather wait for a good case from otterbox, but I still have to have my iPhone protected, until then, with at least the best case I can find for now :p

burntice

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
I can think of two GREAT cases that were ready for launch, and both were made by Apple. The rest have been good to terrible. Spigen crapped out a bunch of inferior cases in order to meet the launch date, and many other companies have cases that fit poorly (especially on the 6+). All the quality case makers I can think of didn't have cases ready on launch day, and most of them still don't have cases for the 6+ available. If you just want something that covers the phone, you can find plenty of cases. If you want something that really fits the phone and offers good looks, protection, and ergonomics, you have to wait a bit after a big redesign.

+1
100%

I consider my phone an investment that Lifeproof does a wonderful job at protecting with consideration of my lifestyle. I am more than happy to wait another month for my nuud to receive the quality they provide.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Alot of whining and entitlement going on in this thread. If Lifeproof rushed their cases, had defects, and your phone was ruined, how would you feel?

Matt-

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2012
What curse word has seven letters ?? I can only think of four letter words that would match all those asterisks :confused:

hernan1304

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
Here are a couple of cases that seem to be made fairly well. At least by the price you would assume they were.

PELICAN PROTECTOR FOR iPhone 6+

PELICAN VOYAGER FOR iPhone 6+

They are, I've seen them in person and put my 6+ in them. Didn't get them because the Protector's "lip" is made of grey silicone instead of black, which I find distracting, and the Voyager which has a black bezel has super rugged port covers which I think are too much for my needs. I went back to the Spigen Tough Armor. Great case except I wish the lip were thicker. The Pelican cases felt super protective though, I didn't worry tossing my phone onto the table front or rear down. Good in the hand too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.