Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One
Not really an iMac question but iMac related.

Well, I've royally gone and ****ed things up this time...
Long story short, I was playing around with a time machine backup trying to see if a particular file was included in the backup (I NEED this backup to work right). Browsing other disks was failing for me, so I looked inside the sparsebundle (it's a time capsule), to see if I could find anything that would help me there. Apart from knowing when the last backup was I couldn't find anything. In the end I just gave up and tried to restore from the backup, but when I went through the installer procedure to restore from a backup all I get is an "error has occurred" dialogue with Error -0.
All I know is that when looking at the .plist files I hit duplicate on one file rather than "open with" which I canceled as fast as I could. AFAIK I haven't done anything to change the file structure on with the backup...

Now I'm really SOL because I may have just killed a computer and the backup drive. I'm so about to punch something right now... :mad::(

We'll be contacting an apple service center to see if they can help fix it... but if you can help any that would be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.