Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
iPhone 6 (4.7”) Tech Armor Case Reviews

First and foremost I want to make it clear that this review is my opinion and my opinion only of the below products. I am not an employee of Tech Armor nor am I affiliated in any way. This post is not a promotion it is my review on products I have for my iPhone 6 that I want to share with all of you. I will be posting more reviews in the future with other products from other companies as I receive them.

This is my first attempt at an accessory review so if you have any questions regarding any of these cases please feel free to contact me. I will do my best to answer all questions and if I do not have an answer I will do my best to get you one. If I do not have the answer to your question I will do my best to find the answer for you.

Enjoy the review!

Active Series Product Description
(From Tech Armors Website)

5e0c8074619fb780979ee473adec347e.jpg
395da739f74f7c3f33eee840b9b39dcb.jpg
0beed32a7c9ff83e86660662863e0391.jpg
449d37d0fcba3d7d3d9f07a4f8f3bf85.jpg
f38cd5ff8baf87b47dc4f9ea90e07e73.jpg

“Protect Your iPhone 6 for Every Adventure The TECH ARMOR Way!
Protect your iPhone 6 against bumps, drops, and everything we put our phones through. Precision lift ensures your iPhone 6 display doesn't scratch when face down. The Active Series Case snaps on easily, allowing access to volume buttons and ports- and audio freedom for your speaker!
- Fingerprint and Scratch Resistant Backing
- Durable PC/TPU material infused in each case
- Contoured cutout access to ports, cameras, buttons, and microphone
- Colors to compliment your iPhone.
Lightweight yet tough PC and TPU materials provide durable protection without added weight. The tactile finish makes it easy to handle and reduces the chance of drops.”

My Review

DESIGN:
The Active Series case by TechArmor is build well for what it is; the material used feels like a harder plastic but is still pliable but not loose fitting (it provides a snug fit). Unfortunately the case hides the beauty of the iPhone 6 itself however it does expose the stainless steel Apple logo on the back. The charging port and headphone are easily accessible, the volume up/down and sleep/wake button are responsive and have good tactical feedback. The vibrate/ringer switch is also easily accessible and haven’t noticed any issues. The active series case comes in the following color options: Black/Black, Space Gray/Black, White/Cool Gray, Gold/Cool Gray, and Pink/Cool Gray.

PERFORMANCE:
This case offers drop protection (as far as denting/scratching) for your phone and is yet still very thin. Out of the group of cases that TechArmor sells for the iPhone 6 I would say that this offers the most protection from dings but I’m not testing that on my iPhone 6. When laying down the phone face down on the screen the case offers some protection and keeps your phone screen from touching the surface which you lay it on directly. Long story short if your looking for a case that adds some protection at an affordable price you cant to wrong with the TechArmor Active Series case.

Flex Protect Product Description

f8be3bbc5045d6acde0fe87b631d3875.jpg
ef2b533417e5fe212f2d4b9eb5bfc41a.jpg
247a7174fc759291dadc046dfcbdd329.jpg
0768c92afb9e349da97bb470ec3b20f0.jpg
deb24f634cb5ab36e1890ad092614acb.jpg

“Protect Your iPhone 6 with The Clear Choice from TECH ARMOR!
Protect your iPhone 6 against the inevitable bumps, drops, and slides that cell phones experience daily. Engineered precision lift ensures your iPhone 6 display glass does not scratch when face down. The iPhone 6 Case snaps on easily, delivering simple access to volume buttons and ports, while allowing audio freedom for your speaker!
- Crystal Clear, Fingerprint and Scratch Resistant Backing
- High quality durable PC/TPU material infused in each FlexProtect Case
- Contoured precision cutouts give easy access to ports, cameras, buttons, and microphone
- Colors to match and compliment every iPhone.
Made from lightweight, yet tough PC and TPU materials, this case provides durable protection without weighing your phone down. The case’s tactile finish makes it easy to handle and decreases your chance of dropping it when you retrieve it from your pocket.”

My Review

DESIGN:
The FlexProtech series case by Tech Armor like the Active series is made with a pliable plastic material. Unlike the Active series however this case is a little more loose fitting yet secures the phone just fine. Through my use I have noticed at times materials (hairs, crumbs, dust) do get inside of the back cover of the case. These are noticed because also unlike the Active series this case shows off the beauty of the iPhone 6 with its see through backing. The charging port and headphone are all easily accessible, the volume up/down and sleep/wake button are responsive and have good tactical feedback and the vibrate/ringer switch is also easily accessible just like the Active series case. Colors available are: Space Gray/Crystal Clear, Cool Gray/Crystal Clear, Frosted/Crystal Clear.

PERFORMANCE:
This case offers the same drop protection as the Active series however I do believe that due to the plastic material depending on the angle this case it dropped it may damage your phone as the material is more flexible. When laying down the phone face down on the screen this case also offers some protection and keeps your phone screen from touching the surface which you lay it on directly. If your looking or a case that adds some protection to your phone while showing off the beauty of your devise you can't go wrong with this case.

Slim Protect Product Description

15fcd6babd74427d05d2ede9fa64cabf.jpg
66100194ea8d9ffa2d3de3d3e9ddfcc1.jpg
63d9017214b7221cbe7e7cc94b24a339.jpg
dbd483e822148e72b4d5c4e467de183d.jpg
516fa33d2270ca8a54f50e5ab855f4a2.jpg
69612d0cfb51120af4ab8f0581aa3ef4.jpg
43df4c6ee0cfdd3b22166927be013b81.jpg

“Protect Your iPhone 6 with The Tough, Slim Choice from TECH ARMOR!
Protect your iPhone 6 against the inevitable bumps, drops, and slides that cell phones experience daily. Engineered precision lift ensures your iPhone 6 display glass does not scratch when face down. The iPhone 6 Case snaps on easily, delivering simple access to volume buttons and ports, while allowing audio freedom for your speaker!
- Fingerprint and Scratch Resistant Backing
- High quality durable PC/TPU material infused in each FlexProtect Case
- Contoured precision cutouts give easy access to ports, cameras, buttons, and microphone
- Colors to match and compliment every iPhone.
Made from lightweight, yet tough PC material, this case provides durable protection without weighing your phone down. The case’s tactile finish makes it easy to handle and decreases your chance of dropping it when you retrieve it from your pocket.”

DESIGN:
Slim Protect series case by Tech Armor is unlike the Active or Flex Protect series cases. This cases is basically a “barely their” style case. Out of the other two cases in this review this style for me personally is my least favorite from any manufacture. However if you like like this type of case I will tell you the benefits of this case.

The Slim Protect case is made of a harder plastic (thing of Otterbox Defender Series Plastic) it is very rigid. The volume up/down, sleep/wake, and silent/ring switch are all exposed along with the ports on the bottom (headphone, charging, speaker). If your looking to protect your phone but show it off at the same time with a minimal “barley their” case this is a no brainer. The best color to achieve this in my opinion is the Frosted/Crystal Clear option. Other options available are Space Gray/Crystal Clear, and Cool Gray/Crystal Clear.

PERFORMANCE:
I’d say this case offers NO drop protection so be careful not to drop your phone if using this case. While it offers no drop protection it does offer protection against scratching the back of your shiny new iPhone 6. Putting my phone into this case I was honestly scared I was going to scratch my iPhone. With the curved edges of the iPhone 6 you have to push the phone into this case which causes the case to flex some and kinda snaps into place. Taking the phone out of the case is a whole other pain in itself; when I was removing my phone from the case I felt like I was either going to scratch the heck out of my phone or was going to break the case. Overall if I was using this case to show off my phone but provide scratch protection the obvious chose would be the Frosted/Crystal Clear color option. Other options available are Space Gray/Crystal Clear, and Cool Gray/Crystal Clear.

NOTE: All cases offer protection for the screen as well as for the rear camera (even though the camera protrudes).

Warranty: Tech Armor offers a Lifetime warranty on all the cases reviewed above and yes that means LIFETIME with no (*) at the end of that sentence. So far I have not had to try this but have seen a few users who have submitted claims and had no issues getting a replacement.

From TechArmor’s website​

The Tech Armor difference continues with world-class support that is often imitated by our competitors, but never equaled. And finally, the crown jewel that sets Tech Armor apart is our industry-leading Hassle-Free Product Replacement Warranty. With a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and true end-to-end support, buying any Tech Armor product is a worry free experience.​

Last edited:

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Tech Armor Case Reviews (Active, FlexProtect, and SlimProtect Series)

Just doing my review. I like to go big or go home when I do these things haha.

I'll tone it done a bit though in the OP. In addition to the above review though I will be attaching actual photos of the case on my iPhone 6 in the post above.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.