Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Judeisme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Hey guys..

I basicly bought an Iphone 5S from kijiji...all details aside, I got scammed, the phone somehow says it is with rogers but once I got it scanned at the apple store, they told me it is locked to USA SPRINT.

I live in Quebec,Canada, and I am looking for a relativly cheap and SECURE way to unlock this iphone since my carrier is Rogers, and USA Sprint is only available in the US. Wich means I cant go to any of their booth to unlock it with them directly.

Any suggestion/site?

thanks!

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Hey guys..

I basicly bought an Iphone 5S from kijiji...all details aside, I got scammed, the phone somehow says it is with rogers but once I got it scanned at the apple store, they told me it is locked to USA SPRINT.

I live in Quebec,Canada, and I am looking for a relativly cheap and SECURE way to unlock this iphone since my carrier is Rogers, and USA Sprint is only available in the US. Wich means I cant go to any of their booth to unlock it with them directly.

Any suggestion/site?

thanks!

I would contest the purchase as the product was not as advertised. If you purchased via credit card, you can even contest it with them if the direct method does not work. Be aware that time is a factor. There is currently no unlock I'm aware of unless you were the original owner. The phone can be resold as a sprint phone provided it was not stolen, which is a strong possibility unless apple told you it wasn't. Goodluck!

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
I would contest the purchase as the product was not as advertised. If you purchased via credit card, you can even contest it with them if the direct method does not work. Be aware that time is a factor. There is currently no unlock I'm aware of unless you were the original owner. The phone can be resold as a sprint phone provided it was not stolen, which is a strong possibility unless apple told you it wasn't. Goodluck!

Aren't sprint phones unlocked for international use?

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Aren't sprint phones unlocked for international use?

Not automatically but they can be if OP contacts Sprint and the ESN is clean. He may be able to get them to unlock, or he might need a Sprint customer to call in and try. Again they will only unlock for international GSM use.

Good luck OP. If you can't get them to unlock, PM me and I can try to call in for you and see what they say.

Judeisme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Not automatically but they can be if OP contacts Sprint and the ESN is clean. He may be able to get them to unlock, or he might need a Sprint customer to call in and try. Again they will only unlock for international GSM use.

Good luck OP. If you can't get them to unlock, PM me and I can try to call in for you and see what they say.

hey man, thank you so much! being from canada I really couldnt contact sprint USA or anything.. Your help would be sooooo appreciated.

I couldnt find how to PM ppl on this site since I joined it yesterday.
please email me at .. or give me your email or someway to contact you :) thanks so much!

Last edited:

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
hey man, thank you so much! being from canada I really couldnt contact sprint USA or anything.. Your help would be sooooo appreciated.

I couldnt find how to PM ppl on this site since I joined it yesterday.
please email me at ****** or give me your email or someway to contact you :) thanks so much!

I think you have to have more posts for PMs to work. I emailed you, might want to edit your post to delete your address out of there! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.