Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Nice, but I wish more research money would go inte to regenerative medicine.

The body will break down eventually, one way or another, as damage accumulates in the body. The only way to cure diseases of old age is to reverse ageing in itself, repair cell damage and replace organs. Think stem cells injections, gene therapy, 3d printed organs etc.

"Undoing aging: Aubrey de Grey "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMAwnA5WvLc

it's not a question IF ageing can be treated, but WHEN. Will it take 25 or 50 years? It depends on the amount of money put into research.

Oh dear Lord, they are a tech corporation. Leave charity to individuals. I want them to plow their cash into hiring the worlds best programmers and engineers! Stop with this political ********e.

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I strongly dislike when rich corporations with billions upon billions of dollars just lying around beg the general population to give what little money they have away for a cause that said corporation could easily donate a billion dollars to.

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2003
iTunes store credit won't be accepted... Only CC on file will be accepted for the City of Hope charity ... it says it the last line of the paragraph under the donanation box .. :(

Well, plenty of people have store credit at 20% or more discount. Giving to charity at 20% discount doesn't seem quite right, does it? .... particularly if you are taking a tax write off on it.

I've been wondering if this recent change with Apple payments would be the end of card discounts.

I'd love to see Apple Pay sprout it's own version of "Network For Good".
Hopefully, a bit lower overhead/more efficient version of it.

Anonymous giving is the way to go.

zed

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I'm all for Apple promoting charities. My only problem with this one is that the charity's "responsive" website is awful. It looks really bad on the iPhone 6. City of Hope... If you see this, give me a call, I can help! :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Giving to an advanced research and treatment center like City of Hope is highly admirable.

Don't forget that institutions like this are also looking for blood donations and new registrants for the national bone marrow registry, steps you can take without spending a dime, and that MacRumors encourages with an annual drive.

If we each do a little to help in these ways it can add up to a massive number of lives saved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.