Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Copefree

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with similar issues.
Pairs OK, but when I try to place a call I get an error that no networks are available. But it's not a network issue as I can have full bars and placing a call from the phone works fine.

It's working just fine in my '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.

OP: get a ferrari or a lambo - it's working fine in both of mine.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Unable to upload photos either I just noticed as well from iPhone. Anyone here able to upload pictures from new iPhone 6

joxes

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2011
Solution

To solve the problem here is what to do

- Remove all the bluetooth devices from your car
- On your iPhone 6 : Settings/General/Reset/Reset settings
- Your phone will then reboot
- Start your car and initiate pairing
- Turn on bluetooth on the iPhone 6 as requested by your car
- Complete the pairing and you should be good to go

It worked on my 2014 Cayenne this afternoon

Ducatimatt

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
On my panamera I just get static sometimes, like a weak connection kind of static when the phone is only 3 feet away. Same went with my fj

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
The "fix" of resetting all settings only worked temporarily - so problem persists with iPhone 6 plus in our Land Rover Discovery 4 ....

...surely they should have tested this sort of stuff? Beginning this wonder if being an early adopter is all its cracked up to be!

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Strange got mine yesterday, iPhone 6+ and it works just fine on both my 2014 VW Golf R and our 2013 Mercedes GL AMG with command, including data connections.

poncekim

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Experiencing the same exact issues with Ford SYNC/MFT after clean pairing and master resets. Connection will work for short time - until phone is rebooted for any reason. Then behavior returns. Calls last 4-6 seconds because SYNC thinks the call is ended (but the iPhone 6 continues the call) -- also signal indicator on MFT shows 1 bar regardless of what phone sees.

I had a 5s with iOS8 all throughout the beta period and never had the issue. It appears to be iPhone 6 hardware specific.

I am having same issues on my 5s after updating to iOS 8 so I don't believe that is true. Bluetooth connects but every time I call the Bluetooth disconnects.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Experiencing the same exact issues with Ford SYNC/MFT after clean pairing and master resets. Connection will work for short time - until phone is rebooted for any reason. Then behavior returns. Calls last 4-6 seconds because SYNC thinks the call is ended (but the iPhone 6 continues the call) -- also signal indicator on MFT shows 1 bar regardless of what phone sees.

I had a 5s with iOS8 all throughout the beta period and never had the issue. It appears to be iPhone 6 hardware specific.

Just tried an iPhone 5s and no problems. What you said about the signal indicator is true also with iPhone 6 along with sync problem. Seems like an iPhone 6 hardware problem.

Ratstick

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Bluetooth issue with Porsche PCM - fixed

To solve the problem here is what to do

- Remove all the bluetooth devices from your car
- On your iPhone 6 : Settings/General/Reset/Reset settings
- Your phone will then reboot
- Start your car and initiate pairing
- Turn on bluetooth on the iPhone 6 as requested by your car
- Complete the pairing and you should be good to go

It worked on my 2014 Cayenne this afternoon

- This worked for me too. It also made my iPhone 6 a whole lot faster. Perhaps when you migrate an existing backup it makes sense to reset all settings by default.

PS - I haven't tried to pair the phone with my private jet as yet - will let you know how that progresses ;-)

ReneDTO

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Phones tested:
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- 8.0 and 8.02

Car:
Porsche Cayenne 2014 with Porsche Communication

Issues:
Both phones managed to connect, could play music over Bluetooth.
Calls received could not be answered from car.
Calls made disconnected after a few seconds.

Managed to fix:
- reset PCM to full factory reset and car handover mode.
- reset iPhones with 'reset all settings' (tried all other forms of reset before without luck)
- once reset was complete went to Bluetooth settings in phone and removed the leftover profiles (tried this before phone reset without luck)
- changed iPhone name (tried this before phone reset without luck)
- paired phone and PCM in car.

Now all works as it should!!!

Notes: issue defiantly comes from the phone being restored from a backup of a previous phone when upgrading. All reset instances still had the Bluetooth profiles left in them. Only reset all settings deleted the profiles internals but still left traces. Which had to be manually removed.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I now have another bug which shows on the car as connected as if the call had placed when in reality they are neither connected nor has the call been placed :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0554.PNG
    IMG_0554.PNG
    158.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0555.PNG
    IMG_0555.PNG
    49.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0021.PNG
    IMG_0021.PNG
    67.5 KB · Views: 62
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.