Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Did some street work with the 6+:

15402742591_b50bc4d270_c.jpg

hunkim

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
noise reduction / sharpening pretty bad... :(

Agree - bright outdoor shots seem ok, but anything remotely around 100 iso and/or higher is pretty bad as far as noise reduction and sharpening... I really hope they can fix this via a future software update.

Well...it looks OK. What I don't like about it is it's clear Apple has really cranked up the noise reduction (and associated edge sharpening) in the iPhone 6 processing, giving you that smeary, watercolory effect that eliminates grain at the expense of a more natural look. All the low light shots I've seen from the 6 exhibit this characteristic. It's a shame, Apple used to be very restrained in the application of NR, which made iPhone shots grainier than other cameras, but also not as weird looking. Wish they gave us an option somewhere, even just a simple slider, to determine how much NR gets applied. Or even better yet, give us a RAW format, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Cancelled
Oct 19, 2011
A few from today with my 6 Plus

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Habakuk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Vienna Austria Europe
Are we allowed to post videos as well? (Or is there a special thread?) Got my iPhone 6 yesterday and it's pretty impressive how well the digital image stabilization works. I travelled a bit with some streetcars (trams) and walked in the area of the opera house here in Vienna. No tripod used. Some slo-mo and time lapse (the latter without sound) shootings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S08JFHhC2V8

During recording you can't see image stabilisation. It will be appended automatically when you press stop and the save the clip. I switched to "60 FPS recording" in the iPhone settings (the only disadvantage: flickering neon tubes). The original MP4 file (iMovie) shows excellent smooth pans and movements. Better than my Sony HDR-CX730 which supports a strong "Balanced Optical SteadyShot" function.

If someone has a tip where to quick upload the 1.1 GB file (for public download) please tell me.

Last edited:

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Spent the morning doing some aerial photography at Middlesbrough Football Club in the north east of England and took this as I left.

Grrr image to follow, keeps failing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.