Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soliloquy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
So my left shift button and power button was kinda screwed after trying to clean it with Dettol spray (don't ask why), which I managed to resolve. But a month later my power button stopped working (which is connected to the keyboard). So I removed the bottom case and tried to jump start it by short circuiting it, which was eventually successful, but i had to disconnect the keyboard connector, which meant i couldn't log on. Afterwards i ended up frying the fuse and diode just adjacent to the battery connector as well as this metal teeth. Am I able to resolder or reimplant these components?

I will attach photos shortly...

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
I suggest that you need a Macbook that you don't need to open the case. Get a replacement A1342 or newer Mac and migrate the data.

soliloquy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
Here is the photo, of the damage done near the battery connector

This is when i started short circuiting this area with a screwdriver to get it to boot up (though I was successful at one point, but i removed the keyboard ribbon cable so i couldn't log on lol)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 85

soliloquy101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
This is what it should look like if it was undamaged

This is what it should look like if it was undamaged

Attachments

• mb how it should look.PNG
    mb how it should look.PNG
    50.1 KB · Views: 138
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.