Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
The most frusterating thing about Apple Pay to me is the meager amount of support it's receiving from the retail side, with most major stores not supporting. I do understand that from a business sense; it's a huge investment that may never pay off in the long run. However, for me, the consumer, Apple Pay (or any NFC) will be completely worthless unless a majority of the places I shop support it.

So how do we force their hand? Let our money do the talking. Once Apple Pay is activated I intend to attempt to move as much of my business to companies that support Apple Pay. If enough people switch, then it will make business sense for them to encorporate NFC/Apple Pay into their retail outlets.

What are your thoughts? Are you guys going to do the same?

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Well that won't be happening...

Will still use Costco/Safeway to buy stuff even if they don't support it. Would like to but whatever.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Im going to do the same. Once Apple Pay is out, my credit card is staying home.

When I stop carrying around my credit card, Im hoping places will accept Apple Pay (or however else they can do it without physically swiping a card). If they dont, they will be losing my business, and I will probably be saving money.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I see NFC all over. I'm sure over the next 6-12 months the availability will skyrocket even more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.